Subject: [tcpm] revising and advancing NewReno

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:37:31 -0500

Based on Yoshifumi's work on NewReno in:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nishida-newreno-modification-02
combined with the existing Errata to RFC 3782, the possibility
of doing a revision to RFC 3782 has been proposed with the editors
from that document.  None were opposed, and the prospect of also
advancing NewReno from Proposed Standard to Draft Standard as part
of the revision was raised.

Two questions to poll the working group on are:

1 - Would anyone in the working group be opposed to TCPM taking on
    a revision to RFC 3782 as a working group item?

2 - Does advancing NewReno to Draft Standard seem agreeable?

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:26:57 +0300

Hi,

>    a revision to RFC 3782 as a working group item?

as an individual: no, good idea

> 2 - Does advancing NewReno to Draft Standard seem agreeable?

yes, but since the errata and Yoshifumi's proposal change the PS, the bis version needs to be a PS too, before it can move to DS at the earliest 6 months later.

Lars