Subject: [tcpm] TCP User Timeout Option Implementation - RFC 5482

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 04:51:46 +0100

Hallo TCPM,

due to some free-time here in Beijing I finally complete the UTO implementation
for Linux. A follow up posting will include a patch which applies on top of
Davem's net-next HEAD. A description on the systctl and socket options is
included.

I will push the patch upstream in a couple of days. Until then I will clean up
the code, optimize the code path, update the commit message and kernel related
stuff. Additionally I will proof that a transmitted packet - with UTO - is
ACKed and if not transmit the packet with UTO again, the keepalive timer
must - depending on the UTO value - adjusted as well. Furthermore I will
verify the functionality based on the RFC and do some testings. If someone is
interested on my KVM/QEMU/NETEM testbed setup - I can post this too. The later,
the testing and verification, will probably takes some time because the tests
are not that trivial.

Cheers, Hagen

---

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:14:10 +0100

>I will push the patch upstream in a couple of days. Until then I will clean up
[...]

it seems [tcpm] drop patches/larger emails. The patch can be grabbed from 

http://git.jauu.net/?p=net-2.6-topics.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/tcp-uto

(tcp-uto topic branch)

Hagen