Subject: [tcpm] TCP segment reassembly vulnerability

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 22:43:10 +0400

It appears to be an issue on multiple implementations. AFAIK, it's due
to lack of limits for the reassembly logic when the segments enter the
queue.

FreeBSD:
https://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-18:08.tcp.asc

Linux:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/commit/?id=1a4f14bab1868b443f0dd3c55b689a478f82e72e

Perhaps it might be worth documenting those solutions and possible workarounds.

Thoughts ?

---

From: Caitlin Bestler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 20:11:59 +0000

My reading of the two citations show that the issue can be addressed
adequately by implementers already without the need for any guidance
from the IETF.

________________________________
From: tcpm <[email-masked]> on behalf of Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:43:10 AM
To: [email-masked] Extensions
Subject: [tcpm] TCP segment reassembly vulnerability

FreeBSD:

Linux:

Thoughts ?

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm