Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:01:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-11.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-08-31

Abstract:
   Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanisms allow for burst tolerance
   while enforcing short queues to minimise the time that packets spend
   enqueued at a bottleneck.  This can cause noticeable performance
   degradation for TCP connections traversing such a bottleneck,
   especially if there are only a few flows or their bandwidth-delay-
   product is large.  The reception of a Congestion Experienced (CE) ECN
   mark indicates that an AQM mechanism is used at the bottleneck, and
   therefore the bottleneck network queue is likely to be short.
   Feedback of this signal allows the TCP sender-side ECN reaction in
   congestion avoidance to reduce the Congestion Window (cwnd) by a
   smaller amount than the congestion control algorithm's reaction to
   inferred packet loss.  This specification therefore defines an
   experimental change to the TCP reaction specified in RFC3168, as
   permitted by RFC 8311.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/