Subject: [tcpm] [Errata Verified] RFC5681 (5458)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 01:53:53 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5681,
"TCP Congestion Control". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5458

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: James McCauley <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-08-12
Verified by: Mirja Kühlewind (IESG)

Section: 2

Original Text
-------------
   DUPLICATE ACKNOWLEDGMENT: An acknowledgment is considered a
      "duplicate" in the following algorithms when (a) the receiver of
      the ACK has outstanding data, (b) the incoming acknowledgment
      carries no data, (c) the SYN and FIN bits are both off, (d) the
      acknowledgment number is equal to the greatest acknowledgment
      received on the given connection (TCP.UNA from [RFC793]) and (e)
      the advertised window in the incoming acknowledgment equals the
      advertised window in the last incoming acknowledgment.

Corrected Text
--------------
   DUPLICATE ACKNOWLEDGMENT: An acknowledgment is considered a
      "duplicate" in the following algorithms when (a) the receiver of
      the ACK has outstanding data, (b) the incoming acknowledgment
      carries no data, (c) the SYN and FIN bits are both off, (d) the
      acknowledgment number is equal to the greatest acknowledgment
      received on the given connection (SND.UNA from [RFC793]) and (e)
      the advertised window in the incoming acknowledgment equals the
      advertised window in the last incoming acknowledgment.

Notes
-----
There is no such thing as TCP.UNA in RFC793.  The boundary between acknowledged and unacknowledged sent data is SND.UNA.

--------------------------------------
RFC5681 (draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc2581bis-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : TCP Congestion Control
Publication Date    : September 2009
Author(s)           : M. Allman, V. Paxson, E. Blanton
Category            : DRAFT STANDARD
Source              : TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG