Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 12:54:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Retransmission Timeout Requirements
        Author          : Mark Allman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-07.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-02-06

Abstract:
    Ensuring reliable communication often manifests in a timeout and
    retry mechanism.  Each implementation of a retransmission timeout
    mechanism represents a balance between correctness and timeliness
    and therefore no implementation suits all situations.  This document
    provides high-level requirements for retransmission timeout schemes
    appropriate for general use in the Internet.  Within the
    requirements, implementations have latitude to define particulars
    that best address each situation.

Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rto-consider-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/