Subject: [tcpm] new-but-not-really version of rto-consider

From: "Mark Allman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 16:06:24 -0500

Folks-

I just issued an -07 version of the rto-consider document.  It is
the same as the -06 version except for the boilerplate---which I had
wrong and Mirja caught.

I am still looking for input on the document.  The document is sort
of weird in that it is after-the-fact requirements.  And, so we have
gotten caught in a seemingly endless cycle of discussing process-y
stuff.  I think there is wide agreement on the technical meat
(although, if that is wrong, I'd very much like to understand it, so
please let me know).  In chatting about this state of affairs with
folks last fall I ended up writing what is now section 2 on
"context".  It'd be great to get feedback on this to see if this
explicit positioning helps the reader understand the document (and
hence perhaps we can just publish it).

Feedback on any of the rest of the document is, of course, also
welcome.

The document is at:

    https://www.icir.org/mallman/pubs/All19a/

Thanks!

allman