Subject: [tcpm] WGLC review of draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 13:30:35 +0000

Hi

I hope that I am not too late with the review. 

Perhaps this has been brought up earlier, and it that is the case then sorry
for kicking in open doors.

I have read but to not seen any mention of the initial congestion window
size. Today the initial window in most TCP stacks is set to 10*MSS and this
may well be used by Nb-IoT implementers that are unaware of default
settings.

While this is likely not an issue if he applications transmit small objects
that fit in a few segments, it can become an issue with larger object
transfers and if a burst of 14600 bytes overflows a tiny network buffer.

Should this be addressed, possibly with a recommendation to adjust the
initial window based on network constraints ? 

/Ingemar

==================================

Ingemar Johansson  M.Sc. 

Master Researcher

Ericsson Research

Network Protocols & E2E Performance

Labratoriegränd 11

971 28, Luleå, Sweden

Phone +46-1071 43042

SMS/MMS +46-73 078 3289

[email-masked]

www.ericsson.com

                Nothing to stop this

             being the best day ever

                            U2

==================================