Subject: [tcpm] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:48:38 +0100

Dear all,

We just submitted an updated version of our draft, which is now entitled
"Sender Control of Delayed Acknowledgments in TCP: Problem Statement,
Requirements and Analysis of Potential Solutions".

In this revision (-01), most of the updates are intended to address the
comments by Bob Briscoe on -00.

Comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Carles and Jon

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Thu, March 26, 2020 2:31 pm
To:      "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
         "Jon Crowcroft" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs
Revision:	01
Title:		Sender Control of Delayed Acknowledgments in TCP: Problem
Statement, Requirements and Analysis of Potential Solutions
Document date:	2020-03-26
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		13
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01.txt
Status:        
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs/
Htmlized:      
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01
Htmlized:      
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs
Diff:          
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-01

Abstract:
   TCP Delayed Acknowledgments (ACKs) allow reducing protocol overhead
   in many scenarios.  However, in some cases, Delayed ACKs may
   significantly degrade network and device performance in terms of link
   utilization, latency, memory usage and/or energy consumption.  This
   document presents the problem statement regarding sender control of
   Delayed ACKs in TCP.  The document discusses the scenarios and use
   cases in which sender control of Delayed ACKs offers advantages.
   Then, requirements for a potential solution are derived.  Finally, a
   number of potential solutions are discussed, based on the
   requirements, and also considering pros and cons in each case.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat