Subject: [tcpm] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-00.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:31:39 +0200

Dear WG,

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributed to the discussion on our
earlier document, draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs.

With the aim of reflecting the outcome of that discussion, we just
submitted a new Internet Draft entitled "TCP ACK Rate Request Option", as
shown below.

Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carles and Jon

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-00.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Mon, July 13, 2020 9:13 am
To:      "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
         "Jon Crowcroft" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request
Revision:	00
Title:		TCP ACK Rate Request Option
Document date:	2020-07-13
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-00.txt
Status:        
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request/
Htmlized:      
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request-00
Htmlized:      
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-rate-request

Abstract:
   TCP Delayed Acknowledgments (ACKs) is a widely deployed mechanism
   that allows reducing protocol overhead in many scenarios.  However,
   Delayed ACKs may also contribute to suboptimal performance.  When a
   relatively large congestion window (cwnd) can be used, less frequent
   ACKs may be desirable.  On the other hand, in relatively small cwnd
   scenarios, eliciting an immediate ACK may avoid unnecessary delays
   that may be incurred by the Delayed ACKs mechanism.  This document
   specifies the TCP ACK Rate Request (TARR) option.  This option allows
   a sender to indicate the ACK rate to be used by a receiver, and it
   also allows to request an immediate ACK from a receiver.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat