Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:44:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The RACK-TLP loss detection algorithm for TCP
        Authors         : Yuchung Cheng
                          Neal Cardwell
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Priyaranjan Jha
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-11.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2020-09-30

Abstract:
   This document presents the RACK-TLP loss detection algorithm for TCP.
   RACK-TLP uses per-segment transmit timestamps and selective
   acknowledgements (SACK) [RFC2018] and has two parts: RACK ("Recent
   ACKnowledgment") starts fast recovery quickly using time-based
   inferences derived from ACK feedback.  TLP ("Tail Loss Probe")
   leverages RACK and sends a probe packet to trigger ACK feedback to
   avoid retransmission timeout (RTO) events.  Compared to the widely
   used DUPACK threshold approach, RACK-TLP detects losses more
   efficiently when there are application-limited flights of data, lost
   retransmissions, or data packet reordering events.  It is intended to
   be an alternative to the DUPACK threshold approach in
   [RFC5681][RFC6675].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yuchung Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:50:00 -0700

Hi

This latest RACK revision includes the changes to address the WGLC reviews
discussed in the list. The core algorithm remains but the pseudo code is
slightly simplified with the suggested clarifications on
Segment.retransmitted definition (please see the diff). Thanks for all the
reviews again!

Yuchung