Subject: [tcpm] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 20:49:18 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a very small comment:

— Section 1 —

   In this document, these words will appear
   with that interpretation only when in UPPER CASE.  Lower case uses of
   these words are not to be interpreted as carrying [RFC2119]
   significance.

I don’t particularly object to that quoted text, but it’s redundant: the
(correct) BCP 14 boilerplate before it already says that.  What’s the purpose
of adding this text?  (I’m guessing it’s a remnant: it was there with the old
BCP 14 boilerplate frim 2119, and when you switched to 8174 you didn’t remove
this.)

---

From: Yuchung Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:01:33 -0800

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack/
We'll remove this redundant paragraph. Thanks for catching that!