Subject: [tcpm] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5926 (6413)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:39:57 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5926,
"Cryptographic Algorithms for the TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6413

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Ananth Rajadurai <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.1.1.2

Original Text
-------------
In section 3.1.1.2 Page 8, figure 1,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                        KDF-AES-128-CMAC                           +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                                                                   +
+ Input  : MK (Master_Key, the variable-length shared secret)       +
+        : I (Input, i.e., the input data of the PRF)               +
+        : MKlen (length of MK in octets)                           +
+        : len (length of M in octets)                              +
+ Output : TK (Traffic_Key, 128-bit Pseudo-Random Variable)         +
+                                                                   +
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

Corrected Text
--------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                        KDF-AES-128-CMAC                           +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                                                                   +
+ Input  : MK (Master_Key, the variable-length shared secret)       +
+        : I (Input, i.e., the input data of the PRF)               +
+        : MKlen (length of MK in octets)                           +
+        : len (length of I in octets)                              +
+ Output : TK (Traffic_Key, 128-bit Pseudo-Random Variable)         +
+                                                                   +
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

Notes
-----
In Input, "len" is described as (length of "M' in octets), but there is no "M" in the input, but it is supposed to mention the length of the Input Data "I", so it should be (length of "I" in octets)

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5926 (draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-03)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Cryptographic Algorithms for the TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO)
Publication Date    : June 2010
Author(s)           : G. Lebovitz, E. Rescorla
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG