Subject: [tcpm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-08.txt> (TCP Control Block Interdependence) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 08:25:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
WG (tcpm) to consider the following document: - 'TCP Control Block
Interdependence'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-02-22. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo provides guidance to TCP implementers that are intended to
   help improve convergence to steady-state operation without affecting
   interoperability. It updates and replaces RFC 2140's description of
   interdependent TCP control blocks and the ways that part of TCP
   state can be shared among similar concurrent or consecutive
   connections. TCP state includes a combination of parameters, such as
   connection state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion
   control information, and process information. Most of this state is
   maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
   but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
   across connections to the same host. Such sharing is intended to
   improve overall transient transport performance, while maintaining
   backward-compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing
   described herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so
   has no effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection
   has been established.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-2140bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 09:29:13 -0800

Please use -09 as it fixes a few typos. 

> On Feb 8, 2021, at 8:27 AM, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm