Subject: [tcpm] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC5926 (6413)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 13:33:31 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC5926, "Cryptographic Algorithms for the TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6413

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Ananth Rajadurai <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2021-01-28
Held by: Martin Duke (IESG)

Section: 3.1.1.2

Original Text
-------------
In section 3.1.1.2 Page 8, figure 1,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                        KDF-AES-128-CMAC                           +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                                                                   +
+ Input  : MK (Master_Key, the variable-length shared secret)       +
+        : I (Input, i.e., the input data of the PRF)               +
+        : MKlen (length of MK in octets)                           +
+        : len (length of M in octets)                              +
+ Output : TK (Traffic_Key, 128-bit Pseudo-Random Variable)         +
+                                                                   +
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

Corrected Text
--------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                        KDF-AES-128-CMAC                           +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                                                                   +
+ Input  : MK (Master_Key, the variable-length shared secret)       +
+        : I (Input, i.e., the input data of the PRF)               +
+        : MKlen (length of MK in octets)                           +
+        : len (length of I in octets)                              +
+ Output : TK (Traffic_Key, 128-bit Pseudo-Random Variable)         +
+                                                                   +
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

Notes
-----
In Input, "len" is described as (length of "M' in octets), but there is no "M" in the input, but it is supposed to mention the length of the Input Data "I", so it should be (length of "I" in octets)

--------------------------------------
RFC5926 (draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-03)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Cryptographic Algorithms for the TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO)
Publication Date    : June 2010
Author(s)           : G. Lebovitz, E. Rescorla
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG