Subject: [tcpm] WG acceptance of draft-touch-tcpm-ao-test-vectors

From: "Scharf, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 15:16:09 +0000

Dear all,

During the TCPM meeting today there was positive feedback on working group 
acceptance of draft-touch-tcpm-ao-test-vectors.

This e-mail shall confirm adding a new milestone for an informational RFC on 
"TCP-AO Test Vectors" to the TCPM charter.

Any comments would be welcome. If there are no major concerns until March 26, 
the document will be accepted as new informational WG item in TCPM.

Best regards

Michael S.

PS: TCP-AO may be particularly relevant for TCP implementations on network 
devices (e.g., routers). One main use case for TCP-AO is securing the control 
plane inside networks (BGP, LDP, etc.). TCPM owns TCP-AO. There was a question 
in the room why the chairs have not asked the question "how many contributors 
have read this document?". Well, this document has to be relevant and useful 
to those who actually work on (new) TCP-AO implementations. And there are 
quite a number of recent reports on (new) running TCP-AO code, but none of 
them deals with desktop or server operating systems that are frequently 
discussed in TCPM. As long as proper review of this document can be ensured 
inside TCPM, it does not really matter what relative share of contributors 
actually work on TCP-AO. So, that question would not have given us much 
relevant insight.