Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 19:30:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) Specification
        Author          : Wesley M. Eddy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-21.txt
	Pages           : 111
	Date            : 2021-05-03

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  TCP
   is an important transport layer protocol in the Internet protocol
   stack, and has continuously evolved over decades of use and growth of
   the Internet.  Over this time, a number of changes have been made to
   TCP as it was specified in RFC 793, though these have only been
   documented in a piecemeal fashion.  This document collects and brings
   those changes together with the protocol specification from RFC 793.
   This document obsoletes RFC 793, as well as RFCs 879, 2873, 6093,
   6429, 6528, and 6691 that updated parts of RFC 793.  It updates RFC
   1122, and should be considered as a replacement for the portions of
   that document dealing with TCP requirements.  It also updates RFC
   5961 by adding a small clarification in reset handling while in the
   SYN-RECEIVED state.  The TCP header control bits from RFC 793 have
   also been updated based on RFC 3168.

   RFC EDITOR NOTE: If approved for publication as an RFC, this should
   be marked additionally as "STD: 7" and replace RFC 793 in that role.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-21
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-21

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/