Subject: [tcpm] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-25: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 10:32:35 -0800

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-25: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--- EDIT ---
I originally balloted DISCUSS, ending with "As noted in
https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/, a DISCUSS ballot is
a request to have a discussion; I really think that the document would be
improved with a change here, but can be convinced otherwise." - I see that
there was a discussion on the list. I still think that it would be useful to
have some additional text so that users don't cut themselves on sharp edges,
but this is just my opinion, and so I'm clearing the DISCUSS. Thanks all for
the DISCUSSion.
----

Thank you very much to the authors and WG for writing this -- it's an important
piece of work, and seems like it was probably also a large amount of work.
Thanks!

Also, thanks to Sarah Banks for the OpsDir review - it was helpful.
Oh, and thanks to Erik, whose text I stole :-)