Subject: Looking for satellite traffic models

From: Abhiram Khune <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:10:50 -0700

Hi,

I am looking for papers and/or implementations of traffic channel models
which model the characteristics of LEO satellites. e.g. for a specified bit
error rate  (1-3%) the algorithm should decide which bits/frames get dropped. 

Thanks
Abhiram

---

From: Eddie Hsu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:10:42 -0700 (PDT)

Abhiram,

While not a LEO one yet, we have modeled a GEO Ka-band link's error 
pattern for use in two network testbeds (hardware and software). A 
software-based model is available for use in VINT/Ns, based on the 
generic multistate error model code in VINT/Ns. Perhaps this can be of 
use for LEO link modeling as well.

A paper on our work will be ready by the end of August.

Eddie