Subject: Re: TCP Vegas

From: Ketan Bajaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:07:15 +0530 (IST)

hi !
you can check up at mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns

ketan

Ketan Bajaj
M.Tech Student
Deptt. of Computer Science & Engg.
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Tang Oo wrote:

> Hi, everyone:
> Is there any stack implementation of TCP vegas? I need to do some
> simulations of vegas. How can I find simulator which implements it?
> Thanks.
> 
> Tang Oo 	Research Engineer
> Network Technology Research Center
> Nanyang Technological University
> Tel: 7995362	Fax: 7926894
>

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:53:47 +0100 (BST)

> simulations of vegas. How can I find simulator which implements it?

ns, berkeley's network simulator, includes Vegas as well as Tahoe and
Reno functionality.

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/

I don't know if the x-kernel simulator that Brakmo and Peterson talk
about in their paper is available; I'm not aware of any stacks.

(I'd briefly looked at Vegas across LEO satellite meshes a while back
before realising that its round-trip-time delay-measurement strategy
for congestion control failed really badly when the delay was highly
variable... Vegas is a complete non-starter anywhere that routing and
associated delay change significantly on a regular basis, as far as I
can see.) 

Cheers,

L.

> Tel: 7995362	Fax: 7926894

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>PGP<[email-masked]>