Subject: BSD/OS 3.0 TCP SACK code available

From: Tom Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:09:40 -0700 (PDT)

Apologies to multiple recipients...

The UCB Daedalus research group announces the availability of revised TCP SACK 
source code and patches for BSD/OS 3.0.  This revision to the BSD/OS 2.1 code, 
which has been available since 1996 and in use by our research group since
that time, contains the following modifications:
    o  Congestion avoidance is based on Reno with the following bug fixes,
which we label ``NEWRENO'':
        - Avoidance of multiple window reductions during fast recovery
when multiple losses occur in one window of data.
        - Avoidance of false fast retransmissions after a timeout.
    o  The basic PSC FACK algorithm can be optionally compiled with SACK.

Details of the specific policies implemented are available in the 
``README.policy'' file with the code.  tcpdump source code modifications for 
viewing SACK information are also in the ftp repository.

See the following locations:
ftp://daedalus.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/tcpsack/bsdi-3.0  or
http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~tomh/sack.html (html version of the README file)

Hari Balakrishnan, Tom Henderson, and Venkat Padmanabhan
UC Berkeley Daedalus Research Group (http://daedalus.cs.berkeley.edu)