Subject: Information required over TCP/IP over satellite

From: "R.S.Arkesh Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:11:10 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Hi
   we are developing a system that will provide internet connectivity
 through VSAT.Our scheme is that the TCP/IP connection between two ends
will be broken into two separate connections at Hub. ONe will be the
ordinary TCP/IP between the hub and internet , the other will be modified
TCP between hub and VSAT.To shield the user from internet delay the HUB
will generate the ack on behalf of user. Now The modification required is 

1. The IP layer at hub VSAT is required to give every packet destined to
the satellite network(instead of destined to local host)to TCP
layer,this requires modification in IP layer.

2.  The TCP layer at hub is required to send ACKs for multiple connections
simultaneously. If there some therotical limitation on the no. of
connections a TCP layer can manage.
                     
                Please provide with the relevant info.
                                     thankyou.
							R.S.Arkesh
###############################################

R. S. ARKESH KUMAR
RESEARCH ENGINEER
SATELLITE COMMUNICATION
CENTRE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF TELEMATICS
71/1, MILLER ROAD
BANGALORE - 560 052

Other E-Mail address : [email-masked]

PHONE : 91-80-2261529
FAX:91-80-2263256

################################################