Subject: WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT: Internet Protocols over Satellite - 12Jan99

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:36:24 +0100

- Workshop  "Internet Protocols over Satellites" -

The one-day workshop will be held on 12th January 1999. It will be hosted at
ESTEC, the research centre of the European Space Agency in Noordwijk, the
Netherlands.

Please see      http://www.estec.esa.nl/artes3/workshop/       for details and
registration (*).

Background:

The European Space Agency Research & Technology Centre (ESTEC) is hosting a
workshop to provide a forum for discussion to projects currently running under
ESA's  ARTES R&D programme, and covering subjects related to TCP optimisation
for use over satellite links, support of reliable multicasting and quality of
service. The workshop will not be limited to ESA projects, however, and will
include invited presentations from industry and service providers grouped in
five sessions.

The web site includes information about the workshop, a preliminary agenda,
interactive registration, directions to get to the venue of the workshop.

(*) Clarification: Note that the registration to the workshop is free of charge
(but it is required because of the limited capacity of the conference room),
and it does NOT include accommodation and meals.

Best regards,

Roberto Donadio

********

Roberto Donadio

European Space Agency

Communications Division

Postbus 299

NL-2200AG Noordwijk

The Netherlands