Subject: Request for Information

From: "Mohssine Lahlou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:44:16 -0500

To whom it may concern,

I read with much interest the RFC related to enhancing TCP performance over
satellite channels. The RFC suggests the use of standard mechanisms.
However, not all TCP implementations have them.

My question is, therefore, to know which operating system (i.e. Linux,
Unix, NT, ... with exact version number) does implement these mechanisms;
and how these mechanisms can be enabled/disabled in order to demonstrate
their performances?

Best regards,
M. Lahlou

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:12 -0800 (PST)

See:

           [PSC] Jamshid Mahdavi.  Enabling High Performance Data
       Transfers on
               Hosts.  http://www.psc.edu/networking/perf_tune.html.

       for information which stacks and versions support which TCP
       options.

       --aaron

       From: [email-masked] AT mime on 03/18/99 02:44 PM

       To:   [email-masked] AT mime@PMDF-IMP@HUB-H4@CCMAIL
       cc:    (bcc: Aaron D Falk/ES1/ES/HSC)

       Subject:  Request for Information

       To whom it may concern,

       I read with much interest the RFC related to enhancing TCP
       performance over satellite channels. The RFC suggests the use
       of standard mechanisms. However, not all TCP implementations
       have them.

       My question is, therefore, to know which operating system (i.e.
       Linux, Unix, NT, ... with exact version number) does implement
       these mechanisms; and how these mechanisms can be
       enabled/disabled in order to demonstrate their performances?

       Best regards,
       M. Lahlou