Subject: TCP (Reno, N.Reno, SACK) & BER

From: "C. Charalambous" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:17:41 -0600 (CST)

Have a look at http://www.ittc.ukans.edu/~ccharala/camera_ready.pdf
This is a paper we are publishing to IEEE Communication letters that
focuses on real experiments on TCP/ATM performance on various RTT links
under different BER.

Pambos Charalambous
Network Engineer
Sprint 

*****************
Jon Mansey wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone point me to some research or tables showing how BER affects
TCP/IP thoughput?

At the same time, does anyone have any real world experience of what is an
acceptable BER to shoot for in designing end-end sat links for TCP/IP.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.
[email-masked]                          Chief Science Officer
------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Low-cost & high-speed access to the US Internet via Satellite"
InterPacket Group, Inc.                 http://www.interpacket.net
1901 Main St. 2nd Floor                         tel (310) 382 3300
Santa Monica, California 90405                  fax (310) 382 3310
------------------------------------------------------------------

"Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."