Subject: WG Last Call for draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-07.txt

From: "Falk, Aaron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:23:18 -0400

It's time for last call before the res-issues draft is submitted to the IESG
for consideration as an Informational RFC. The abstract is below. Now is the
time to read it if you haven't yet and think you'll have comments.

--aaron

"Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites", J. Touch, S. Ostermann, Dan
Glover, Mark Allman, John Heidemann, Spencer Dawkins, Jeff Semke, Keith
Scott, Jim Griner, Diepchi Tran, Tom Henderson, Hans Kruse, 05/17/1999.
(92967 bytes) </internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-07.txt> 
	This document outlines possible TCP enhancements that may allow TCP
to better utilize the available bandwidth provided by satellite networks.
The algorithms and mechanisms outlined have not been judged to be safe for
the global Internet. However, the mechanisms may be appropriate for private
satellite networks (or other long-delay network paths). The goal of this
document is to educate researchers as to the current work and progress being
done in TCP research related to satellite networks. 

---
Aaron Falk
Director - Internet Services Development
PanAmSat Corporation
Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
> Tel:   203.861.8326
> Fax:  203.861.8677
> mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.panamsat.com

---

From: "John Border" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 15:14:30 -0400

Aaron,

    I have reviewed the draft and it looks fine to me.  I think it is ready to
move forward...

								John