Subject: INFOCOM 2000 Call For Papers

From: Fred Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

INFOCOM 2000 

      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
      >>>>                                                  <<<<
      >>>> DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 5 (23:59 EDT), 1999 <<<<
      >>>>                                                  <<<<
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  Since the distribution of papers to TPC members has been postponed to 
    July 6, 1999, the program committee of Infocom 2000 has decided 
         to postpone the deadline for submitting papers to the 
                          conference until 
                      July 5 (23:59 EDT), 1999.

			 INFOCOM 2000 LAST CALL FOR PAPERS

			      IEEE Infocom 2000

	    (Israel)  http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000
	      (U.S.A.)  http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~rom/infocom2000
	       (Japan) http://halo.kuamp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~infocom
		(general)  http://www.comsoc.org/confs/infocom

                    Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
			      March 26-30, 2000

	 Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

             *******************************************
             *                                         *
             *  PAPER SUBMISSION ENDS ON JULY 5, 1999  *
             *                                         *
             *     No extensions beyond this date      *
             *            will be granted.             *
             *                                         *
             *     To avoid last minute problems,      *
             *    authors are encouraged to submit     * 
             *   their papers well in advance of the   *
             *                deadline.                *
             *                                         *
             *******************************************

SCOPE
=====

For the last 18 years, Infocom has been the major conference on computer
communications and networking, bringing together researchers and
implementors of every aspect of data communications and networks
presenting the most up-to-date results and achievements in the field.

The 19th annual conference on Computer Communications, Infocom 2000,
will be held at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel-Aviv, Israel, during the
week of March 26-30, 2000. The conference is sponsored by the technical
committees on computer communications of the IEEE Communications and
Computers Societies.

The Infocom 2000 organizing committee is soliciting original papers
describing state-of-the-art research and development in all areas of
computer networking and data communications.  Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to, the following:

Active Networks                  	Network Management and Control
BISDN and ATM                    	Network Reliability
Billing and Pricing              	Network Restoration
Congestion and Admission Control 	Network Signaling
Distributed Network Algorithms   	Network Standards
High-Speed Network Protocols     	Network and Protocol Performance
Integrated Control of Networks   	Optical Networks
Intelligent Networks             	Personal Communications Systems
Internet                         	Photonic Switching
Internetworking                  	Protocol Design and Analysis
Lightwave Networks               	Quality of Service
Mobility                         	Routing and Routing Protocols
Multicast/Broadcast Algorithms   	Security and Privacy
Multimedia Protocols             	Switch Architectures
Multimedia Terminals and Systems 	Testbeds and Measurements
Multiple Access                         Traffic Management and Control
Network Architectures            	Video Networking
Network Design and Planning      	Wireless Networks and Protocols

PAPER SUBMISSION
================

Papers must be submitted electronically in the manner and format
detailed below.  Authors for whom this presents a severe problem should
contact one of the technical program committee co-chairs to discuss
alternatives.

Papers must be formatted according to the IEEE standard double-column
format except for the font size, which must be 11pt.  To make it easy to
adhere to the formatting standard we offer templates and samples for
LaTex, MSWord, and FrameMaker (consult at the web pages referenced on
top of this message).

Submission must be in PDF.  However, the committee will also accept
Postscript from Latex, FrameMaker, or MSWord source file.  Postscript
papers must use only standard PostScript fonts: Times Roman, Courier,
Symbol, and Helvetica.  (Postscript output from MSWord typically does
not work on non-Microsoft platforms.  The use of the Apple LaserWriter
II printer driver is strongly recommended).  The above formatted papers
can be submitted in a compressed form (gzip, zip, compress).

Because of the size limitation on the final manuscript, and to ensure
that the reviewed paper and the final version have a similar size,
------------------------------------------------------
|papers with more than 11 pages will not be reviewed.| 
------------------------------------------------------

Papers must be submitted electronically using the Web site at
<http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/edas/infocom2000>.  This web page
contains exact and detailed instructions.  The submission process
includes providing detailed contact information.  Authors
may omit this information from the paper itself.  Authors will receive
an immediate notification of the successful receipt of the file
containing their paper.  Subsequently, a notification will be
sent if the paper cannot be printed successfully.

---------------------------------------------------------
|Submissions will only be accepted until July 5th, 1999.| 
---------------------------------------------------------

Submission deadlines are strict!  Papers that have been improperly
submitted or improperly formatted by the submission date will not be
considered.  To avoid last minute problems, authors are encouraged to
submit their papers well in advance of the deadline.

THE REVIEW PROCESS
==================

Each paper will typically be reviewed by three independent reviewers,
whose reviews will be relayed to the corresponding author.  To
facilitate the review process authors will be asked to classify the
paper according to a list of categories so that the most appropriate
reviewers handle the paper.  This year a new step will be introduced
into the process whereby authors will have a chance to provide a
limited rebuttal on the reviews before the program committee makes its
final decision.

TRAVEL GRANTS
=============

Limited travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior faculty for
defraying some of the costs of presenting a paper in the conference
will be available. Please refer to the conference web sites for
further details later this year.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

    Complete paper due		July 5, 1999
    Notification of acceptance	October 31, 1999
    Final version due		December 3, 1999

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS [[email-masked]]
===========================

    Raphael Rom, Technion, Israel
    Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, USA