Subject: new version of res-issues

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:17:54 -0400

As you probably noticed, a new version of res-issues has been
submitted to the I-D archive.  The new version includes quite a few
updates, including new sections relating to the interactions between
the proposed mechanisms and other proposed/standard mechanisms.  I'd
appreciate it if people could take a look at the new version and
send over any comments.  The latest is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-10.txt

Thanks!

allman

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:45:36 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I am interested how TCP works on top of various technologies.

I managed to find few papers on TCP over ATM ...

Any references to research related to TCP running on top of 802.11, any ARQ, or
maybe HDLC (x.25) would be really helpful.

Thank you for your time

Jerzy Wechta

__________________________________________________________________
Jerzy Wechta                     e-mail [email-masked] 
Communication Research Group            [email-masked]    
University of Wales, Swansea            tel (+44) 1792 295541 
Singleton Park SA2 8PP                  fax (+44) 1792 295686
Swanesa, UK

---

From: Carlo Matarasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:37:51 +0200

Dear Mr. Allman and all,
it seems to me that the page numbering in the table of contents is wrong.
See below

Table of Contents

    1         Introduction. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    2         Satellite Architectures . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    2.1       Asymmetric Satellite Networks . . . . . . . . 1
    2.2       Satellite Link as Last Hop. . . . . . . . . . 1
    2.3       Hybrid Satellite Networks     . . . . . . . . 1
    2.4       Point-to-Point Satellite Networks . . . . . . 1
    2.5       Multiple Satellite Hops . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3         Mitigations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.1       TCP For Transactions. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.2       Slow Start. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.2.1     Larger Initial Window . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.2.2     Byte Counting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.2.3     Delayed ACKs After Slow Start . . . . . . . . 1
    3.2.4     Terminating Slow Start. . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.3       Loss Recovery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.3.1     Non-SACK Based Mechanisms . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.3.2     SACK Based Mechanisms . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.3.2.1   Fast Recovery with SACK . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.3.2.2   Forward Acknowledgments . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.3.3     Explicit Congestion Notification. . . . . . . 1
    3.3.4     Detecting Corruption Loss . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.4       Congestion Avoidance. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.5       Multiple Data Connections . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.5.4     Topological Considerations. . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.6       Pacing TCP Segments . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.7       TCP Header Compression. . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.8       Sharing TCP State Among Similar Connections . 1
    3.9       ACK Congestion Control. . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    3.10      ACK Filtering . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    4         Conclusions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    5         Security Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    6         Acknowledgments . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    7         References. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    8         Author's Addresses: . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOTT. ING. CARLO MATARASSO

[email-masked]
TEL. +49 8153 28 2848
FAX  +49 8153 28 2844

DLR - DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT UND RAUMFAHRT
GERMAN AEROSPACE CENTER
www.dlr.de
POSTFACH 1116
D - 82230   WESSLING - GERMANY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------