Subject: tcpsat draft gets some media coverage

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:43:39 +0100 (BST)

http://www.osp.ru/lan/1999/07-08/38.htm

at least, that's what it looks like, given my lack of Cyrillic fonts
and a handy translator. Might be good - I see something that looks
like an equation - but you never know.

L.

translation/gist, anyone?

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: "Sergey Raber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:32:45 +0200

> like an equation - but you never know.

:))

This article is definitely comes from abroad because it`s written by
Jonathan Angel (Джонатан Эйнджел) - sounds a bit not like a Russian name.
The article gives an overview of the history of data communication over
satellite as well as modern state-of-the-art in this business. The article
is also covers problems of using TCP over satellite (as appendix) mentioning
only general topics and pointing readers to the appropriate RFC`s and tcpsat
drafts for details.

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:24:00 +0100 (BST)

> only general topics and pointing readers to the appropriate RFC`s and tcpsat

Aha - the name's the clue.

I'm guessing it's a Russian translation of Jonathan Angel's
Satellite-based networking: Set for takeoff piece in Network Magazine.

http://www.networkmagazine.com/magazine/archive/1999/06/9906sr2s2.htm

Voila, complete translation.

thanks,

L.