Subject: SoftCOM 2000 Deadline Extension and Feature Topic CFP

From: "SoftCOM Secretary" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:40:34 +0200

Dear All,

Due to the number of requests for deadline extension the SoftCOM 2000
Organizing Committee has extended the paper submission deadline to June 19,
2000.

We use this opportunity to remind the potential contributors that the
deadline for special session "The New Millennium Telecommunications in the
Alps-Adria Countries" is approaching.

From the papers presented at SoftCOM 2000, a set of the most representative
papers (or their integrals) will be selected for publication in the August
2001 issue of the IEEE Communications Magazine.

Deadline for the Feature Topic:
Complete manuscript to be received by July 15, 2000
Notification of acceptance: July 31, 2000

The Feature Topic includes, but it is not limited to:

-historical background, developments,
-operation statistics and experiencies, user (universities, institutes,
  schools) opinions,
-the newest technologies and services,
-development of telelearning and videoconferencing,
-Web applications and information systems,
-security aspects,
-plans for future,toward the new millennium,
-the role of universities and institutes,
-the role of the national and regional operators and companies, industry
  and institutions,
-joint projects, joint institutes and laboratories between academic and
  operators and companies, industry and institutions,
-participation of academic institutions in education of professionals from
  industry and vice versa,

Participation in this FT is expected from institutions which cover
academic networking (such as CARNet in Croatia, Arnes in Slovenia), as
well as from universities, institutes and schools as users, particularly
in the Alps-Adria region. In addition, contributions from national and
regional institutions, companies, operators and industry who participate in
development of academic networking, promotion of education and R&D
investigations are particularly welcome.

More details can be found at http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM

Thank you for your interest in SoftCOM 2000.

SoftCOM 2000 Organizing Committee