Subject: TCP SACK Performance

From: "Smith JR, Harry E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:35:25 -0800

I am looking for information on TCP SACK.  In particular, how the goodput
and delay performance of TCP sack changes with BER.   I have an idea how it
does it with non-sack operations.  

Can anyone point me to some literature?  I am not finding a lot on
explanation on TCP sack implementation to the detail of the Stevens books.

Harry Smith
LMCO.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Harry Smith
408 473 6491

---

From: Carlo Matarasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:56:51 +0100

Harry,

I should definitely read some of the work by Dr. Floyd
(http://www.aciri.org/floyd/).

carlo

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOTT. ING. CARLO MATARASSO

[email-masked]
TEL. +49 8153 28 2848
FAX  +49 8153 28 2844

DLR - DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUER LUFT UND RAUMFAHRT
GERMAN AEROSPACE CENTER
http://www.dlr.de/kn/kn-dn
POSTFACH 1116
D - 82230   WESSLING - GERMANY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------