Subject: Ask for Papers,References,etc

From: Fauzan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:40:03 +0700

Hello,

I'm a college student, and I'm working out my final project about enhancing 
TCP performance over satellite media. I also want to make a simulation 
software about it. Where can I find some papers, references or maybe 
examples of simulation softwares related to my topic? Especially about 
TCP-Spoofing techniques and also other enhancing techniques. If anyone have 
one, please, I will be glad if you can send me via e-mail, or posting it 
(of course I will pay if necessary).
I also have a question. Are the enhancing techniques useful for 2-way 
communication (downstream and upstream) or only for one-way (downstream), 
or maybe both of them? What is the reason?
Sorry if I'm asking a basic question.

Regards,
-Fauzan-

---

From: Martin Koyabe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:58:40 +0000

Fauzan,

Take a look at Tom's work it might be a good starting point.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~tomh/thesis/

-- Martin

---

From: Joseph Ishac <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:01:06 -0500

Perhaps another good piece to read.  It outline several methods and the 
pros and cons associated with them.
"Performance Enhancing Proxies"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-pep-05.txt
Authors:  J. Border, M. Kojo, J. Griner, G. Montenegro, Z. Shelby

-- Joseph

At 09:40 PM 1/31/01, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm a college student, and I'm working out my final project about 
>enhancing TCP performance over satellite media. I also want to make a 
>simulation software about it. Where can I find some papers, references or 
>maybe examples of simulation softwares related to my topic? Especially 
>about TCP-Spoofing techniques and also other enhancing techniques. If 
>anyone have one, please, I will be glad if you can send me via e-mail, or 
>posting it (of course I will pay if necessary).

---

From: "Alex Barrera" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:42:25 -0800

Hello,
My name is Alex Barrrera. For some reason I am getting your e-mail at my
work. My work email address is [email-masked]. I dont know how or why this
is happening.

Alex