Subject: Call for participation -- Infocom 2001, April 22-26, 2001, Anchorage, Alaska

From: "Andreas Pitsillides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:43:06 +0300

OUR SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE COPIES

       C A L L   F O R    P A R T I C I P A T I O N
                   I E E E   I N F O C O M    2 0 0 1

                    http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001

                 April 22-26, 2001 - Anchorage, Alaska

TRAIN CHARTER: This year we are chartering a train for our welcome
reception. This train ride will take you through the Kenai fjords
and will include food and drinks. April 24, 6-11 pm. Seats are limited,
and will be given out on the basis of registration date.

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: The deadline for advance registration
is April 2, 2001 (5pm Eastern Standard Time).
Please register early to ensure that you have
a seat in the train charter. On-line registration is possible at our
website at http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001 and then clicking on
"Registration Information". Your dinner code is 530T.
Enter this code while registering and you may be a lucky winner of a
$100 dinner at INFOCOM 2001.

HOTEL REGISTRATION: Please book your hotel room early at the Marriott
Anchorage Downtown. The Hilton is now completely sold out. The conference
rates at both hotels are the same and the two hotels are within a 5 minute
walking distance of each other.

TOURS: Several tours of Alaska's natural treasures are planned. Please visit
our website at http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001 and look for "On-line
tour registration".

AIRLINE TICKETS: Please book your flights to Anchorage early, so that
you can get reasonably priced tickets.

TECHNICAL SESSIONS:
48 technical sessions featuring the latest research and trends in the
field of computer communications and netwroking.

TUTORIALS:
Wireless Home Networks: Technologies and Applications
Quality of Service (QoS) Support for Broadband Wireless Networks
Traffic Engineering in IP/MPLS Networks
TCP Congestion Controls: Algorithms and Models
Video Over IP
Bluetooth and Pervasive Wireless Networking
Control and Management for Optical Networks: An IP-Centric Approach
Principles of Multicast Protocols and Services

PANELS:
All-Optical Networks: Fact or Fiction
Next Generation Wireless Networks: Radio, Networking and Applications
Modeling of the Shrew: the Quest for a "Model" Network Model