Subject: IP over DVB Discussion at SLC IETF Meeting

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:46:44 +0000

Several people attending the IETF WILL plan to meet together 
to discuss the potential formation of a group to look at the 
transmission of IP over DVB (and other MPEG-2 based networks). 
This meeting will call for ideas and to prepare for future work 
in this area, possibly within the IETF.

This meeting will be open, and you are warmly invited to attend.
Please see the Meeting Board at the IETF for Venue, Time.

AGENDA
------
The Agenda for the proposed discussion is:

1. Proposed Charter (A. Valentine)
Review the proposed charter for work  in this area. 

2. Background- Present/discuss background to the need for work in this area.
	IP over DVB-[ST] (Patrick  Cipiere)
	The CoSTAR Interoperability Testbed (Arun Welch)
	IP/DVB (Regis J Crinon)
	Other presentations to be confirmed.

3. Requirements Internet Draft
Outline of the proposed framework (Gorry Fairhurst)

4. Status of other proposed documents. (Gorry Fairhurst)
Documents have been identified with the following 3 topics by the
current proposed charter:
	Encapsulation of IP datagrams
	Unicast Address Resolution
	Dynamic Multicast Address Resolution

5. Discussion of future plans
	Future plans
	Other meetings: 
	Combined DVB-group meeting at the end of January (A Valentine)

INTERNET DRAFTS
---------------
There are NO IDs issued on this subject
Some background info is available at:
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/ids/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-00d.txt

---------------------------------------------------------------

A shorter version of this will also be reposted to: 
IETF UDLR WG, PILC WG, IP-DVB MAILING LIST.

I am sorry for multiple copies.

----------------------------------------------------------------
TIME & PLACE
------------

We hope to arrange the above meeting for Wednesday, time and place
to be announced. This is NOT an official IETF BoF, and there is
currently no IETF WG on this subject.  The meeting above is an
open co-ordination meeting to which all are invited.

---

From: Dusan Statelov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:01:23 +0100

Hello Gorry:

Maybe this activity could be coordinates with newly established DVB DATABROADCAST
FORUM at IBC2001
Mayb I kindly ask you for information about IETF UDLR WG, PILC WG, IP-DVB
mailling lists ?

We have wide range of DVB DATA technologies and are working on this field, so
would like to take a part of discusssion.
You may read more info at http://www.maindata.sk

Gorry Fairhurst wrote:

> Several people attending the IETF WILL plan to meet together to discuss the
> potential formation of a group to look at the
> transmission of IP over DVB (and other MPEG-2 based networks). This meeting
> will call for ideas and to prepare for future work

--
Best regards

Dusan Statelov   -    Managing Director

mailto:[email-masked]
ICQ # 31083698

MAIN DATA,s.r.o. - Leading DVB DATA Technologies
Senicka 23, 811 04 Bratislava, Slovakia
------------------------------------------------------------
      Tel:  + 421 2 54 65 2191  Fax:  + 421 2 54 65 2192
      GSM:+ 421 905 606 027
-------------------------------------------------------------
      http://www.maindata.sk
            http://www.dvb.sk
                 http://www.smartedu.tv