Subject: CMS 2002 Program (Communications and Multimedia Security)

From: Tomaz Klobucar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 11:56:50 +0200

---------------------------------------------------------------------

                          The sixth IFIP
          Communications and Multimedia Security Conference
                            (CMS 2002)

              Joint working conference IFIP TC6 and TC11

                        September 26-27, 2002
                          Portoroz, Slovenia

                    http://www.setcce.org/cms2002/

   ---------------------------------------------------------------
   Call for posters still open (deadline September 5, 2002)!
   See http://www.setcce.org/cms2002/ for details.
   ---------------------------------------------------------------

CMS 2002 is the sixth IFIP working conference on Communications and
Multimedia Security since 1995. State-of-the-art issues as well as
practical experiences and new trends in the areas will be the topics
of interest again, as proven by preceding conferences. Its two days
program will feature a single track with 21 full papers. Pre-conference
tutorial on virtual private networks will also be offered.

Invited talks given by Dr. Steve Kent (BBN, chair of IETF PKIX WG),
Prof. Antonio Lioy (Politecnico di Torino) and Corinna Schulze
(European Commission) will provide an insight into the latest results
and challenges of communications and multimedia security and further
stimulate discussion among participants from industry and academia.

The conference will take place in Portoroz, the beautiful Mediterranean
seaside resort in Slovenia (http://www.portoroz.si). See the CMS 2002
conference Web site (http://www.setcce.org/cms2002/) for details.

PRELIMINARY PROGRAM

-----------------------
Thursday, September 26
-----------------------

Keynote speech (9:15 - 10:00 a.m.)

 Biometrics & System Security
        Stephen Kent (BBN).

Session I: Digital Signatures (10:00 - 11:00 a.m.)

 Validation of long-term Signatures: About Revocation Checking of
 Certificates in the Context of longterm Signatures
        Karl Scheibelhofer (IAIK).

 Digital Signatures and Electronic Documents: A Cautionary Tale
        Sean Smith, Kunal Kain, R. Asokan (Dartmouth College).

Session II: Communications Security (I) (11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)

 Improving the functionality of SYN cookies
        André Ventura Zúquete (IST / INESC-ID Lisboa).

 A MAC-Layer Security Architecture for Cable Networks
        Tadauchi Masaharu (Telecommunications Advancement Organization
        of Japan);
        Ishii Tatsuei (Hitachi);
        Itoh Susumu (Science University of Tokyo).

 Towards Authentication Using Mobile Devices
        Edgar Weippl, W. Essmayr, F. Gruber, W. Stockner,
        T. Trenker (Software Competence Center Hagenberg).

Session III: Communications Security (II) (2:30 - 4:00 p.m.)

 CORE: A Collaborative Reputation Mechanism to enforce node cooperation
 in Mobile Ad hoc Networks
        Pietro Michiardi, Refik Molva (Institut Eurecom).

 Enabling Adaptive and Secure Extranets
        Yves Roudier, Olivier Fouache, Pierre Vannel,
        Refik Molva (Institut Eurecom).

 Multiple Layer Encryption for Multicast Groups
        Alain Pannetrat, Refik Molva (Institut Eurecom).

Session IV: Distributed System Security (4:30 - 6:00 p.m.)

 Access Control, Reverse Access Control and Replication Control in
 a World Wide Distributed System
        Bogdan Popescu (Vrije Universiteit);
        Chandana Gamage (Sri Lanka Army Headquarters);
        Andrew S. Tanenbaum (Vrije Universiteit).

 The CORAS approach for model-based risk management applied to
 e-commerce domain
        Dimitris Raptis (INTRACOM);
        Theo Dimitrakos (CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory);
        Bjoern Axel Gran (Institute for Energy Technology);
        Ketil Stoelen (Sintef Telecom & Informatics).

 Towards Security Architecture for Future Active IP Networks
        Dusan Gabrijelcic, Arso Savanovic, Borka Jerman-Blazic
        (Institut "Jozef Stefan").

-----------------------
Friday, September 27
-----------------------

Keynote speeches (9:00 - 10:30 a.m.)

 TBD
        Antonio Lioy (Politecnico di Torino).

 European Initiatives in the Area of Data Protection and Digital
 Rights Management
        Corina Schulze (European Commission).

Session V: Cryptography (10:30 - 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)

 Authentication of Transit Flows and k-Siblings One-time Signature
        Mohamed Al-Ibrahim (University of Wollongong);
        Josef Pieprzyk (Macquaire University).

 On the security of a structural proven signer ordering multisignature
 scheme
        Chris J. Mitchell, Namhyun Hur (Royal Holloway, University of
        London).

 Renewing Cryptographic Timestamps
        Sattam Al-Riyami, Chris J. Mitchell (Royal Holloway, University
        of London).

 Implementing Elliptic Curve Cryptography
        Wolfgang Bauer (IAIK).

Session VI: Multimedia Security (2:30 - 4:00 p.m.)

 Combined fingerprinting Attacks against Digital Audio Watermarking:
 Methods, Results and Solutions
        Martin Steinebach (Fraunhofer IPSI);
        Jana Dittmann (HTWK Leipzig University of Applied Science);
        Eva Saar (T-Systems).

 Selective Encryption of Visual Data
        Martina Podesser (Carinthia Tech Institute);
        Andreas Uhl (Department of Scientific Computing, Salzburg
        University).

 Biometric Authentication - Security and Usability
        Václav Matyás, Zdenek Riha (Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk
        University Brno).

Session VII: Applications (4:30 - 6:00 p.m.)

 Automatic Authentication using the Austrian Citizen Card
        Arno Hollosi, Udo Payer, Reinhard Posch (IAIK).

 An Open Interface Enabling Secure e-Government
        Arno Hollosi, Herbert Leitold, Reinhard Posch (IAIK).

 CADENUS Security Considerations
        Gasper Lavrencic, Aleksej Blazic (SETCCE);
        Borka Jerman-Blazic (Institut "Jozef Stefan").

---------------------------------------------------------------------
   This Call for Participation has been sent to several distribution
       lists. We apologize if you receive multiple copies of it.