Subject: [tcpsat] Time Stamps with TCP Proxies

From: Piet Delaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:55:24 -0700

We are using a Linux split TCP spoofing proxy that we developed,
somewhat similar to PEP, and was looking for a mailing list to 
discuss issues like tcp time stamp clocks and their involvement with
PAWS, and recent additions to 2.6.13; like the congestion control
algorithms and Dynamic Right-Sizing (DRS).

We currently have a split proxy and a bidirectional proxy. In
both cases the proxy Ack's packets from a client. In our split
case we Echo Time Stamps from the Client and use Time Stamps
from the Server. Packets to the Server have forwarded copies of
the echoed time stamps but Time Stamps from the Proxy.

Our non-split proxy currently doesn't even try to do congestion
control with time stamps. While upgrading to 2.6.13 with it's new
congestion control algorithms I was wonder if we should reconsider
the current paradigm.

-piet

-- 
---
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
tcpsat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/tcpsat