Subject: [tcpsat] WICON 2008: Call For Papers

From: "Tommaso Melodia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:36:50 -0500

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

**********************************************************************
                        ***** WICON 2008 *****

     The Fourth Annual International Wireless Internet Conference

                         November 17-19, 2008
                          Maui, Hawaii, USA

                         http://www.wicon.org 

Technically  sponsored by  ACM SIGMOBILE, sponsored  by CREATE-NET and
ICST.

Accepted papers will be published in the  ACM International Conference
Proceedings  Series  and  will  be  made available in the  ACM Digital
Library, as well as indexed by EI.

Selected papers  will be published  in a special issue  of  ACM MOBILE
NETWORKS and APPLICATIONS (MONET).

**********************************************************************

Wireless Internet is quickly emerging as a reality, thanks to the fast
evolution  of  many  wireless  access  technologies.   Convergence  of
heterogeneous  wireless  networks  and  the  next generation  Internet
further  brings   wireless  Internet into  a  variety  of  application
scenarios  which  provide  mobile  users  with a wide range  of highly
demanding services,  such as high speed data  and real-time multimedia
delivery.  On the other hand, it is of critical importance to obtain a
fundamental  understanding  of  wireless  Internet  architectures  and
explore  new services  and solutions  in order to achieve the ultimate
goal of wireless Internet access anytime anywhere.

The Wireless Internet Conference  (WICON)  will continue to serve as a
premier international forum  to discuss novel research results related
to the  emerging  Wireless  Internet.    WICON 2008 is soliciting both
academic research  and  industry practice papers.  Papers solicited in
the  WICON 2008  span a wide range of areas of interest  including but
not limited to:

Seamless Integration of Heterogeneous Networks
==============================================
* Convergence and interworking of heterogeneous wireless networks
* Vertical handoff and seamless roaming
* Mobile P2P networking, systems, and applications
* Next generation Internet services and applications

Cross-layer Design and Optimization
===================================
* Clean-slate wireless Internet architecture
* Interaction among PHY/MAC, routing, and congestion control
* PHY-aware wireless scheduling
* QoS provisioning of Multimedia wireless networks

Wireless Access Technologies
============================
* WLANs, WiMAX, satellite, 3G and Beyond
* QoS management and traffic modeling
* Algorithm design and performance analysis

Multi-hop Wireless Networks
===========================
* Wireless sensor networks
* Mobile ad hoc networks
* Wireless mesh networks

Emerging Technologies and Applications
======================================
* Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANET)
* Cognitive radio networks
* Bio-inspired networks
* Context-aware mobile networking
* Wireless body area networks (WBANs), tele-medicine/e-health networks

Network Security
================
* Architectural support for security
* Security, privacy, and dependability issues
* Security in cooperative networks

Wireless Internet Platforms and Software
========================================
* Testbeds and simulation tools
* Middleware, operating system, and programming languages
* Experimental measurements

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
========================

Papers  will  be  submitted by electronic submission through the COCUS
system: http://www.cocus.eu.  The  page limit is 9 pages in ACM double
column format with fonts not smaller than 10 points.

IMPORTANT DATES:
================

Submission deadline:       July 15, 2008 23:59 (Central European Time)
Notification of acceptance:                         September 15, 2008
Camera-ready version:                                 October 15, 2008

Workshop proposal due:                                    July 1, 2008
Notification date:                                       July 15, 2008

Panel proposal due:                                  September 1, 2008
Notification date:                                  September 15, 2008

WORKSHOPS:
==========

Proposals  for  workshops  should be  submitted to  the Workshop Chair
at [email-masked].  The evaluation of the workshop proposals  will
be based on  the  expertise and experience of the instructors,  and on
the relevance of the subject matter.

PANELS:
=======

Proposals  for panel discussions  that  focus on  the  next generation
wireless Internet  are encouraged.  Potential panel organizers  should
submit  a  panel  proposal  directly  to  the  Panel  Co-Chairs  at
[email-masked] and [email-masked].

INDUSTRY PRACTICE PAPERS:
=========================

Industry papers that  highlight  experiments/testbeds  and demonstrate
the successful implementation of recent or  on-going research work are
welcome. The topics of industry papers can be from any of the 7 listed
tracks.   Submitted  industry  papers will be assigned to the Industry
Chair for review.  For more information, please contact Industry Chair
at [email-masked].

INVITED PAPERS:
===============

WICON 2008 will include a number of invited papers from  distinguished
researchers  with  impressive  outcomes  on  various advanced research
topics or cutting-edge techniques.

B2B EVENT:
==========

An  industry  B2B  event will be  co-located with  WICON 2008. The B2B
event  will  include  invited  talks  by  industry/technology leaders,
business and product presentations,  as well as exhibitions and demos.

Organization Committee:
=======================

 General Co-Chairs:
 ------------------
 Ness Shroff                                Ohio State University, USA
 Xudong Wang                                           Kiyon Inc., USA

 Technical Program Co-Chairs:
 ----------------------------
 Junshan Zhang                           Arizona State University, USA
 Sanjay Shakkottai                     University of Texas-Austin, USA
 Jiang (Linda) Xie              Univ. of North Carolina-Charlotte, USA

 Steering Committee Chair:
 -------------------------
 Imrich Chlamtac                                     Create-Net, Italy

 Industry Chair:
 ---------------
 Jing Zhu                                     Intel Research Labs, USA

 Workshop Chair:
 ---------------
 Karoly Farkas                     University of West Hungary, Hungary

 Panel Co-Chairs:
 ------------
 Edward Knightly                                  Rice University, USA
 Xiaojun Lin                                    Purdue University, USA

 Publicity Chair:
 ----------------
 Tommaso Melodia                  State Univ. of New York-Buffalo, USA
 Gyorgy Dan                 KTH, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
 Azman O. Lim                                              NICT, Japan

 Publication Chair:
 ------------------
 Atilla Eryilmaz                            Ohio State University, USA

 Local Arrangement Chair:
 ------------------------
 Yingbin Liang                               University of Hawaii, USA

 Conference Chair:
 -----------------
 Kitti H. Kovacs                                                  ICST

 Web Chair: 
 ----------
 Ping Zhou                                               Qualcomm, USA

For more information about the conference, see http://www.wicon.org

--------------------------------------------------------
Tommaso Melodia
Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical Engineering
State University of New York at Buffalo
Office: 215G Bonner Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
Tel: (716) 645-3115 ext. 1147
Email: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~tmelodia/
--------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
tcpsat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/tcpsat