Subject: [teas-3272bis-design-team] grammar help

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 09:18:57 +0100

The acknowledgement section from RFC 3272 says (as quoted in our draft):

     "... Gerald Ash for
     inputs on routing in telephone networks and for text on event-
     dependent TE methods,---"

Two questions, the first is grammar, should this be:
     "... Gerald Ash for
     inputs on routing in telephony networks and for text on event-
                          ^^^^^^^^^
     dependent TE methods,---"

Point is that a telephony networks has many more types of devices than
telephones.

Second question is - should we (when referencing) change text from
RFC 3272??

/Loa

PS

I'm afraid that I will have grammar questions frequently.

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 17:35:22 -0000

> Point is that a telephony networks has many more types of devices than

Who knows!
It may be that Jerry only helped with text on telephone networks. Or it may
be that he helped with text on telephony networks, but the authors made a
mistake.
We can't assume they got it wrong.

> Second question is - should we (when referencing) change text from

I would suggest we simplify the legacy acknowledgements to read:

The authors of this revised document would like to thank all of those who
helped with the production of [RFC3272]: <name1>, <name2>, .... 

Adrian