Subject: [teas-3272bis-design-team] First spin on section pushed

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:35:05 +0800

Adrian, DT,

I have pushed a first version of my meddling on section 2.

 From the start I planned to do three things

- I have cleaned  up some text, i.e. I read until I reached a sentence
   or word that I I did not understood, consulted other drafts and
   dictionaries and re-wrote

   I also think that lists are more readable that lists in flowing text,
   i.e.

   We have the following examples

   * blaabla blabla blobby
   * bip bap bim
   * crish crash crush

is better that

We have the following examples (1) blaabla blabla blobby, (2) bip bap
bim, amd (3) crish crash crush.

So there are a lot of lists, ifthere is a strong desired to get the 
original format back, I can do that. I also avoided numeric-bullets in
the list, since it was way to easy to confuse list bullet 3. with 
section chapter 3.

- I have not yet addressed the issue of what has happened over the 18
   years since this document was published, will do that.

- We aslo need to push some more modern examples in, I see what I can
   do, I've added some MPLS/GMPLS, but I need to think more. But thinks
   like  PCE, SPRING (SR) , DETNET (determinism) and TEAS and  should
   probably go somewhere.

   Data Center and centralized control.

The I have a problem with part of section 2.5

2.5.  Implementation and Operational Context

   "The operational context of Internet traffic engineering is
    characterized by constant changes which occur at multiple levels of
    abstraction.  The implementation context requires effective planning,
    organization, and execution.  The planning aspects may involve
    determining prior sets of actions to achieve desired objectives.
    Organizing involves arranging and assigning responsibility to the
    various components of the traffic engineering system and coordinating
    the activities to accomplish the desired Traffic Engineering (TE)
    objectives.  Execution involves measuring and applying corrective or
    perfective actions to reach and maintain wanted TE goals."

    I don't understand the implication of "prior goals"

    I also wonder why Traffic Engineering (TE) appears for the first
    time here (25 pages into the document), should we push it to the
    terminology section.

WHile I'm at it the layout of the terminology section could be improved,
e.g.:

       Traffic flow - A stream of packets between two end-points that can
       be characterized in a certain way.  A micro-flow has a more
       specific definition A micro-flow is a stream of packets with the
       same source and destination addresses, source and destination
       ports, and protocol ID.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:03:18 -0000

How do you mean "pushed"?

Are you working on the git version?

I'm not sure how many times I have to say this but, we have abandoned git as a tool for this work.

A

-----Original Message-----
From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 11 March 2020 10:35
To: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: First spin on section pushed

Adrian, DT,

   * blaabla blabla blobby
   * bip bap bim
   * crish crash crush

is better that

/Loa

--

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 19:27:22 +0800

Adrian,

I tried to do with word-diff, but had a a major problem. If you
"abandoned" git, should I just send you the .mkd and txt files??

/Loa

--

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 13:28:48 -0000

Send me the txt file, I'll diff it out and merge it.

A

-----Original Message-----
From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 11 March 2020 11:27
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: First spin on section pushed

Adrian,

/Loa

--