Subject: [teas-3272bis-design-team] SLO in 3272bis

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:34:53 +0800

Folks,

I'm working what we have to say from a model point of view (chap 2)
based on the development since the document was firsst posted, but
sometimes I get side-tracked.

The terminology section in 3272bis says:

      "Service Level Objective(SLO)  A service-level objective (SLO) is a
       key element of a SLA between a provider and a customer.  SLOs are
       agreed upon as a means of measuring the performance of the Service
       Provider and are outlined as a way of avoiding disputes between
       the two parties based on misunderstanding."

It was a bit hard to understand the workings of this, but after reading
around a bit I think I get it, at least in someway the SLOs are the
measurable atom of an SLA.

But then I look at our document, and it looks like the only place where 
SLO (the abbreviation) is used is in the terminology list.

Service Level objective (without the abbreviation) is used in one other 
place.

I'd like to do the following change.

In the terminology section:

OLD
       Service Level Objective(SLO)  A service-level objective (SLO) is a
       key element of a SLA between a provider and a customer.  SLOs are
       agreed upon as a means of measuring the performance of the Service
       Provider and are outlined as a way of avoiding disputes between
       the two parties based on misunderstanding.

NEW
       Service Level Objective -  A service level objective is a
       key element of a SLA between a provider and a customer.  Service
       level objectives are
       agreed upon as a means of measuring the performance of the Service
       Provider and are outlined as a way of avoiding disputes between
       the two parties based on misunderstanding.

END

And then keep the last paragraph of section 5.5 as is.

Alternatively we could push the abbreviation in at all places. I can 
write that up if you want to go that way.

We could also remove service level objective altogether.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 15:49:19 +0000

Looks good. Since SLA is normally pronounced as the common acronym rather than the expanded term, replace "a SLA" with "an SLA". 
Thanks
Acee

On 3/12/20, 6:35 AM, "Teas-3272bis-design-team on behalf of Loa Andersson" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Folks,

    

    

    
    OLD
    
    NEW
    
    END

    

    /Loa

    -- 

    -- 
    Teas-3272bis-design-team mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas-3272bis-design-team