Subject: [Teas-ns-dt] Management of documents related to NS-DT work

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 16:38:10 +0900

Hi,

I'd like to ask your opinions on management of docs related to NS-DT
work(i.e., definition, framework and others).
They have been uploaded on github of NS-DT repo, but I have some concerns
on editing the files there directly from the following reasons:
- access rights are limited (need to be added your account to collaborators
to edit or upload files on NS-DT repo)
- editing multiple docs in parallel may cause complexity (e.g., making
branches on each doc may cause conflict on merging)
 - too frequent  updates will cause declining of readability. (e.g., you
can't see all of diffs in the same github history page if small changes are
provided frequently. )
# I'm not so familiar with treat of github, and please point out if my
understanding wrong.

Currently, regarding to the definition draft, authors are editing the file
on my individual github repo, and I'm pushing the changes to NS-DT repo
with certain leveled updates.

Of course, I understand there are advantages on management of the docs on
the same repo. For example, you can always grasp the latest status on the
docs.

So, which is better to work on NS-DT repo or on individual repos for each
docs?

Regards,

Shunsuke

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 18:01:11 +0000

Here’s what we said yesterday in the call:

“… in general, the definitions editing team prefers to receive comments by email. So even if you file an issue in GitHub, please send also email to the authors (and Cc the teas-ns-dt list)”

I.e., the preferred method is by email. If anyone outside the editing team has opened an issue or suggested a change, please email the editing team.

That being, there’s a lot of value in the editing team keeping the most recent version on GitHub up to date, as an easy place to look at the most recent version.

Jari

---

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 12:32:39 +0900

Thanks, Jari.

I sent  the question because a proposal that we put xml and md files on
NS-DT github and  authors (and some additional contributors) edit them
there was raised in draft  authors.

We'll  keep the current scheme, i.e., editing on individual repo and upload
the latest revision to NS-DT github repo in each updates.  (I'll pay effort
to keep NS-DT repo as the latest  status.)

Also, if anyone want to edit  the definition draft directly,  please let me
know.  I can invite  you to collaborator of our individual github repo.

Regards,

Shunsuke

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 3:01 AM Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:

> “… in general, the definitions editing team prefers to receive comments by
> email. So even if you file an issue in GitHub, please send also email to
> the authors (and Cc the teas-ns-dt list)”
>
>
>
> I.e., the preferred method is by email. If anyone outside the editing team
> has opened an issue or suggested a change, please email the editing team.
>
>
>
> That being, there’s a lot of value in the editing team keeping the most
> recent version on GitHub up to date, as an easy place to look at the most
> recent version.
>
>
>
> Jari
>
>
>

---

From: "Belotti, Sergio (Nokia - IT/Vimercate)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 09:01:07 +0000

Hi all, following Jari’s suggestion below, herewith the pointer to my github pull request about definition draft
https://github.com/teas-wg/teas-ns-dt/pull/4.
As mentioned during the call I haven’t seen my modification request inserted in the new version of the document.

Regards
Sergio

From: Teas-ns-dt <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Jari Arkko
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 7:01 PM
To: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Teas-ns-dt] Management of documents related to NS-DT work

Jari

---

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 20:26:34 +0900

In my memory, it is under considerations. Has it been approved in NS-DT? If
so, I'll reflect your request on the document.

Shunsuke

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 6:01 PM Belotti, Sergio (Nokia - IT/Vimercate) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all, following Jari’s suggestion below, herewith the pointer to my
> github pull request about definition draft
>
> As mentioned during the call I haven’t seen my modification request
> inserted in the new version of the document.
>
>
>
> Regards
>
> Sergio
>
>
>
> *From:* Teas-ns-dt <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Jari Arkko
> *Sent:* Friday, February 7, 2020 7:01 PM
> *To:* Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
> *Subject:* Re: [Teas-ns-dt] Management of documents related to NS-DT work
>
>
>

---

From: Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 22:38:52 +0900

Hi,

I pushed some updates to the NS-DT github repo as below:

https://github.com/teas-wg/teas-ns-dt/commit/b460c84a97b67973a263c199bc7fc49f964a0eab

I kept the current text about the basic definition in this update, but I
can change it to Sergio's proposal after confirming the replacement was
agreed.

If there are other feedback which we missed, please let us know.

Regards,

Shunsuke

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 8:26 PM Shunsuke Homma <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> In my memory, it is under considerations. Has it been approved in NS-DT?
> If so, I'll reflect your request on the document.
>
> Shunsuke
>
>> “… in general, the definitions editing team prefers to receive comments
>> by email. So even if you file an issue in GitHub, please send also email to
>> I.e., the preferred method is by email. If anyone outside the editing
>> team has opened an issue or suggested a change, please email the editing
>> team.
>>
>>
>>