Subject: [Teas] IETF TE Topology YANG Model Design Meeting Notes - 2016-10-26

From: Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 00:25:22 +0000

Attendees:
Igor, Xufeng, Dieter, Sergio, Pavan, Tarek

- Discussed the plan to submit draft updates before the next IETF meeting.
  > Will update draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo,
    draft-liu-teas-yang-l3-te-topo, draft-liu-teas-yang-sr-te-topo, and
    draft-liu-netmod-yang-schedule-01
  > Will do a presentation on IETF97.

- Discussed the usage of action in the models.
  > For a request for the server to do, if the server needs to
    persistently remember the request and keep states for it, use a
    leaf instead of action. If the server reboots duration the
    execution, the request still needs to be completed.
    Example: tunnel-tear-down.
  > For a request for the server to do, if the server should not
    persistently remember the request, use action. If the server
    reboots duration the execution, the request will be ignored.
    Example: tunnel-reset.
  > Currently the configuration scheduling model does not allow to
    configure a schedule for an action. We will investigate to achieve
    the capability.

Note: Please drop me an email if you need an invite for joining the weekly call.

Thanks,

- Xufeng