Subject: [Teas] RFC 8359 on Network-Assigned Upstream Label

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:40:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8359

        Title:      Network-Assigned Upstream Label 
        Author:     X. Zhang, Ed.,
                    V. Beeram, Ed.,
                    I. Bryskin,
                    D. Ceccarelli,
                    O. Gonzalez de Dios
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20447
        Updates:    RFC 3471, RFC 3473, RFC 6205

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8359

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8359

This document discusses a Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(GMPLS) Resource reSerVation Protocol with Traffic Engineering
(RSVP-TE) mechanism that enables the network to assign an upstream label
for a bidirectional Label Switched Path (LSP).  This is useful in
scenarios where a given node does not have sufficient information to
assign the correct upstream label on its own and needs to rely on the
downstream node to pick an appropriate label.  This document updates
RFCs 3471, 3473, and 6205 as it defines processing for a special
label value in the UPSTREAM_LABEL object.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC