Subject: [Teas] Protocol Action: 'Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Egress Local Protection' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-egress-protection-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:22:59 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Egress Local Protection'
  (draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-egress-protection-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-egress-protection/

Technical Summary

This document describes extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol -
Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for locally protecting the egress
node(s) of a Point-to-Point (P2P) or Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP)
Traffic Engineered (TE) Label Switched Path (LSP).

Working Group Summary

This document moved from the MPLS WG to TEAS WG as part of the 
routing WG changes. The document was adopted by the MPLS WG in
March 2014 and it has gone through several iterations since then. 
There was a virtual interim meeting held in January 2016 to help 
get things moving for the draft. There were also some issues 
(including a serious backwards compatibility issue) found by the 
Shepherd after the WG Last Call. An informal 1-week Last Call was 
needed after these issues got addressed.
    
Document Quality

The base MPLS RSVP protocol has been implemented. The extensions 
defined in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.  
While there have been no public statements on implementation, the 
authors are from multiple vendors, and implementation is expected.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Vishnu Pavan Beeram
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard