Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 05:43:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Path Diversity using Exclude Route
        Authors         : Zafar Ali
                          George Swallow
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Dieter Beller
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-10.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   Resource ReSerVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering provides support
   for the communication of exclusion information during label switched
   path (LSP) setup. A typical LSP diversity use case is for
   protection, where two LSPs should follow different paths through the
   network in order to avoid single points of failure, thus greatly
   improving service availability. This document specifies an approach
   which can be used for network scenarios where full knowledge of the
   path(s) is not necessarily known by use of an abstract identifier
   for the path. Three types of abstract identifiers are specified:
   client-based, Path Computation Engine (PCE)-based, network-based.
   This document specifies two new diversity subobjects for the RSVP
   eXclude Route Object (XRO) and the Explicit Exclusion Route
   Subobject (EXRS).

   For the protection use case, LSPs are typically created at a slow
   rate and exist for a long time, so that it is reasonable to assume
   that a given (reference) path currently existing, with a well-known
   identifier, will continue to exist and can be used as a reference
   when creating the new diverse path. Re-routing of the existing
   (reference)LSP, before the new path is established, is not
   considered.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 14:50:36 +0100

Hi all,

we just submitted a new revision of draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity
that resolves all IESG directorate review comments.

All changes are editorial.

We believe the draft is now ready for the next step in the
publication process.

Thanks,

Dieter and co-authors

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-lsp-diversity-10.txt

Date:

Fri, 02 Mar 2018 05:43:02 -0800

From:

[email-masked]

Reply-To:

[email-masked]

To:

[email-masked]

CC:

[email-masked]

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt