Subject: [Teas] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 05:50:50 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's just me but I think for this yang model I would have appreciated a
little bit more intro text given some more context on how and when these models
and types are used.

Especially I would have appreciated more context what normality means and is
used for. Not sure I fully understand normality. Can you maybe briefly explain
what it is used for?

Also one more concrete comment on available-bandwidth and utilized-bandwidth
(e.g. p. 47): you say that this is the measured bandwidth and later on you give
an interval config value as well. However, I think it would be good to be more
concrete. I believe you have in mind the _average_ value over the measurement
interval, right? If so, maybe write it down like this in the description. Is
there maybe a reference you can provide? Or maybe you can even point at some
IPPM documents...?