Subject: [Teas] draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt

From: "Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:11:11 +0000

Hi,

About the following:

4.  Scalability Considerations

   The mechanism described in this document requires that each VTN has
   an independent topology, and for inter-domain VTNs, the MT-ID used in
   each involved domain is consistent.  While this brings the benefits
   of simplicity, it also has some limitations.  For example, it means
   that even if multiple VTNs may have the same topology attribute, they
   would still need to be identified using different MT-IDs in the
   control plane.  This requires that for each VTN, independent path
   computation would be executed.  The number of VTNs supported in a
   network may be dependent on the number of topologies supported, which
   is related to the control plane computation overhead.

As I mentioned after Cong's presentation in IDR, Flexible TE (Flexible Algorithm + SR-TE + Targeted Distribution) addresses the above scaling concerns. I also have some further thoughts on advertising other attributes, to be published in later revisions of my draft-zzhang-teas-flexible-te draft.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.
Jeffrey

Juniper Business Use Only

---

From: "Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:23:41 +0000

Oops the draft that I was referring to at the end of this email should be draft-zzhang-teas-network-slicing-with-flex-te.

Jeffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Teas <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:11 AM
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; 'Dongjie (Jimmy)' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Cc: idr@ietf. org <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: [Teas] draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Hi,

About the following:

Thanks.
Jeffrey

Juniper Business Use Only
_______________________________________________
Teas mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!U5ARee2LojrOjDlBuFV-m1hPriQ0KLGu4zNhkpLmgjTnuC0y9n3kUr13t4g7CEZN$