Subject: [Teas] rough notes from meeting

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:04:41 -0400

All,

Thank you all for participating today! Please visit 
https://codimd.ietf.org/notes-ietf-108-teas?both and verify that your 
comments/discussions were appropriately captured.

Thank you!

Lou (and Pavan and Matt)

## TEAS Notes For IETF 108

## Session Information

                 TEAS Agenda For IETF 108
                 Version: Jul 26, 2020

                 Session 1: Friday, July 31, 2020 (UTC)
                 11:00-12:40 Friday Session I (UTC)

| |  |
| -------- | -------- |
|  Location:    | 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/floor-plan?room=room-6 |
| Materials:    | https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/session/teas |
| Meetecho:    | http://www.meetecho.com/ietf108/teas |
| Audio stream:    | http://mp3.conf.meetecho.com/ietf/ietf1086.m3u |
| Jabber:    | http://jabber.ietf.org/logs/teas |
| WG  ICS:    | 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.ics?filters=teas |
| Session ICS:     | 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/session/28181.ics|

## Presentation       Start Time     Duration     Information

## 1    11:00    5    Title:    Administrivia & WG Status
 > Draft:
 > Presenter:    Chairs

## 2    11:05    5    Title:    WG Draft updates
 > Draft:    Many
 > Presenter:    Chairs

Adrian Farrel: draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing has been respoon
Jie Dong: The plan is to move it to other documents (currently individual)
Eric Gray: The scope of the new documents are more narrow than the 
original so removal is problematic
Vishnu Beeram: Please discuss the change on the list
Lou Berger: Please discuss with WG before (re)moving text from a WG 
document

## 3    11:10    10    Title:    Yang model for requesting Path Computation
 > Draft:
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-10
 > Presenter:    Sergio Belotti

Lou Berger: Suggest discussing/reporting any tool issues with the tool 
author -- (from jabber: report issue via https://github.com/mbj4668/pyang)
Rob Wilton (from Jabber):
   On the path computation presentation, and having looked at RFC 7950, 
for issue #76 (1) and (2) I think that the pyang 2.1 behaviour is 
correct.  I.e. don't include "input" and for (2), I think that this 
isn't allowed. The key text being section 6.4.1 or RFC 7950

## 4    11:20    10    Title:    Yang model update
 > Draft:
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-te-service-mapping-yang-04
 > 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-actn-pm-telemetry-autonomics-03
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang-09
 > Presenter:    Dhruv Dhody

Tarek Saad: Is the path computed by "template" in TE-Service mapping, 
stateful in nature?
Dhruv Dhody: This is just the constraints and optimization criteria and 
nothing to do with the statefulness of path.
Daniele Ceccarelli: This comes from the OSS layer, which doesn't care 
about how it is provided via te tunnels, just that the service 
characteristics are met

## 5    11:30    10    Title:    DT Intro, IETF Definition of Transport 
Slice
 > Draft:
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nsdt-teas-transport-slice-definition-03
 > Presenter:    Jari Arkko + Reza Rokui
Actual Start Time: 11:42

## 6    11:40    10    Title:    Framework for Transport Network Slices
 > Draft:
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-04
     > Presenter:Eric Gray
Actual Start Time: 11:53

Daniele Ceccarelli: in ACTN we have defined the interface between MDSC 
and CNC as a boundary between a customer and the operator. We are now 
lacking of a reference point between the MDSC and another entity within 
the operator. We have identified a similar issue in the context of POI.
On the MDSC role, I agree with the interpretation.

Lou Berger: Any objections to adoption?
     <none></none>
     Please expect an adoption call on list.

## 7    11:50    10    Title:    Transport Network Slice YANG Data Model
 > Draft: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-teas-transport-network-slice-yang-01
 > Presenter:    Xufeng Liu
Actual Start time: 12:10

## 8    12:00    10    Title:     A Yang Data Model for Transport Slice NBI
 > Draft:
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wd-teas-transport-slice-yang-02
 > Presenter:    Bo Wu
Actual Start Time: 12:18

(From Jabber) Vishnu Beeram: Note that the previous presentation ties 
the modeling of a transport network slice to existing network topology 
models while the current presentation focuses on the service view of a 
slice. Please chime in with your views on these 2 approaches (either 
here or on the list).. There seems to be a case being made (by both sets 
of authors) to make room for both -- please discuss if you have any 
objections...
Lou Berger: Please take comments/discussion to list

## 9    12:10    10    Title:    Network Slicing with Flexible Traffic 
Engineering
 > Draft: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zzhang-teas-network-slicing-with-flex-te-00
 > Presenter:    Jeffrey Zhang
Actual Start Time: 12:26

Please take comments/discussion to list

## 10    12:20    10    Title:    Packet Network Slicing using Segment 
Routing
 > Draft: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peng-teas-network-slicing-03
 > Presenter:    Ran Chen
Actual Start Time: 12:31

Please take comments/discussion to list

## 11    12:30    10    Title:    A YANG Data Model for MPLS-TE Topology
 > Draft: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-busizheng-teas-yang-te-mpls-topology-00
 > Presenter:    Italo Busi
 > Actual Start Time: 12:36

Please take comments/discussion to list

## Adjourn    12:40