Subject: [Teas] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 02:00:06 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

It might be helpful if this document had a short section covering operational
considerations for monitoring and managing TE traffic when being deployed in
this way.

Regards,
Rob

---

From: "Aijun Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 09:24:47 +0800

Hi, Robert:

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Robert
Wilton via Datatracker
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 6:00 PM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Teas] Robert Wilton's No Objection on
draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-15: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Hi,

It might be helpful if this document had a short section covering
operational considerations for monitoring and managing TE traffic when being
deployed in this way.
[WAJ] You mean Path/Application performance monitoring? It is the
traditional OAM methods that the operators are all familiar with.

Regards,
Rob

_______________________________________________
Teas mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas

---

From: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:22:45 +0000

Hi Aijun,

> From: Teas <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Aijun Wang
> Sent: 22 January 2021 01:25
> To: Rob Wilton (rwilton) <[email-masked]>; 'The IESG' <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [Teas] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-pce-
> native-ip-15: (with COMMENT)
> 
> Hi, Robert:
> 
> email
[RW] 
Yes.  If the same tools work and can be used then that sounds good.  It might still be worth having a section that describes that, even if it ends up being just a paragraph.

Regards,
Rob

---

From: "Aijun Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 11:09:32 +0800

Hi, Rob:

Thanks for your comments. How about to add the following subsection:

Section 7.5 E2E Path Performance Monitoring:
It is necessary to deploy the corresponding E2E path performance monitoring
mechanism to keep assure that the delay, jitter or packet loss index meet
the original path performance aim.  The performance monitoring results
should feedback to the PCE to let it accomplish the re-optimize process,
send the update control message to related PCC if necessary. Traditional OAM
methods(ping, trace) can be used.

Or, would you like to give other suggestions?

Best Regards

Aijun Wang
China Telecom

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Rob Wilton
(rwilton)
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:23 PM
To: Aijun Wang <[email-masked]>; 'The IESG' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Teas] Robert Wilton's No Objection on
draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-15: (with COMMENT)

Hi Aijun,

> From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of 
> Robert Wilton via Datatracker
> email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut 
> this introductory paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
> Please refer to 
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
> operational considerations for monitoring and managing TE traffic when 
> being deployed in this way.
[RW]
Yes.  If the same tools work and can be used then that sounds good.  It
might still be worth having a section that describes that, even if it ends
up being just a paragraph.

Regards,
Rob