Subject: [Teas] Summary from yesterday's interim

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 08:55:54 -0400

WG,

Thank you to all who participated in yesterday's meeting and helped make 
it a productive session.

We covered two topics:

1) Open questions in the Network Slicing Framework -- 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices/

2) Next steps on NBI -- 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wd-teas-ietf-network-slice-nbi-yang/

The draft minutes from the session can be found at 
https://notes.ietf.org/notes-ietf-interim-2021-teas-01-teas
and the youtube is available at 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfwnuiCkrfY - please review these to see 
the tone of the discussion particularly on open questions. Please also 
feel free to make any improvements to the minutes based on the *actual* 
discussion -- i.e., if it isn't in the recording it should not be in the 
minutes.

WRT topic 1: Adrian has already taken the initiative to bring remaining 
open topics to the list (Thanks for this Adrian!)

WRT topic 2: The main conclusions we have drawn (as chairs) are:

     - That there was general agreement "in the room" that the NBI has 
customer/consumer facing scope, and that it remain slice-supporting 
technology agnostic

     - There are a number of open question that remain, see Slide 7 of 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2021-teas-01/materials/slides-interim-2021-teas-01-sessa-04-ietf-network-slice-service-yang-model-01.pdf

         We look to the authors to pickup this discussion on the list, 
with a thread per open question.
        (As always, if a non-author wishes to discuss a topic, they 
should feel free to raise it on the list.)

Based on the discussion both on the list and the session we believe that 
it makes sense to adopt draft-wd-teas-ietf-network-slice-nbi-yang-04 as 
the basis of the NBI.  We recognize that there is some desire to explore 
basing the NBI on augmented or modified existing models.  We think this 
exploration can be done within normal WG processing of this document and 
look forward to contributions on the list or as individual documents on 
this topic.

Thanks again to all who are contributing!

Pavan and Lou