Subject: [Teas] draft-bestbar-teas-yang-topology-filter -- Dhruv's question from TEAS 112 WG session

From: Vishnu Pavan Beeram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 06:48:17 -0600

>From Jabber logs:
>>[17:55:21] <~~dhruv~~dhody> The question I wanted to ask was related to
the PCE topology filter (a new draft on the agenda) which seems to be about
using TOPOLOGY object as constraint during path computation, where as here
it is use as a way to filter topology to create a sub-topology. Important
to keep these two use in mind to avoid any inconsistencies later on!

Dhruv,
The PCEP document (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xpbs-pce-topology-filter-01
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xpbs-pce-topology-filter-01__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!SLx4YasSciUJVzFDv4qOBtx8_KQYBTrn2X9Wdi2oJADGiN0j0gbeKWACKlSgV_PP$>)
is expected to be consistent with the data model specified in
draft-bestbar-teas-yang-topology-filter (agree that it is important to
maintain consistency between these two drafts).

Please check out my response to Loa on the path-computation specific
use-case (the examples should clarify the intent).

Regards,
-Pavan (as co-author)