Subject: [Teas] Another update to the slicing framework

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 18:48:41 -0000

All,

There's another revision of draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices coming out
tonight (Europe time) if the submissions tool has been fixed.

-07 is small nits and edits. I am going through a very long archive of
emails trying to make sure everything has been captured.

Of course, it is in the nature of a wide ranging debate between people with
opinions (yes, I'm looking at you, TEAS) that not every point is addressed
exactly as raised. Some are; some roughly are; some are handled obliquely
(for example, by changes to other parts of the document); and some are not
handled because of the continued debate or the lack of agreement on the
list. And, to be honest, some conversations were entirely overtaken by
events.

I hope that we are moving towards a consensus-based document where
everyone's big worries have been addressed, but the smaller points may be
subject to some give and take.

I am planning still one more revision before IETF-113 (if the gods permit)
to feature changes from reading through the whole document in one pass
(there is a danger associated with working just on odd sections here and
there, that material is duplicated or obsolete in the rest of the document).
The resulting revision will, I hope, be ready for review in the run-up to
IETF-113, questions at the meeting, and last call shortly thereafter.

Best,
Adrian