Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:00:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TE LSAs to extend OSPF for Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh, P. Joseph
	Filename	: draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-03.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2002-9-16
	
OSPF is a link state routing protocol used for IP-network 
topology discovery and collection and dissemination of link
access metrics. The resulting Link State Database (LSDB) is
used to compute IP address forwarding table based on 
shortest-path criteria. Traffic Engineering extensions(OSPF-TE)
outlined in this document are built on the native OSPF
foundation, utilizing new LSAs, designed specifically for TE.
OSPF-TE sets out to discover TE network topology and perform
collection and dissemination of TE metrics within the TE network.
This results in the generation of an independent TE-LSDB, that
would permit computation of TE circuit paths. Unlike the native
OSPF link metrics, TE metrics can be rapidly changing and
varied across different elements of the network. TE circuit
paths are computed using varied TE criteria, often different
from the shortest-path, to route traffic around congestion
paths. Principal motivations to designing the OSPF-TE over
[OPQLSA-TE] and transition path for vendors currently using
[OPQLSA-TE] to adapt the OSPF-TE are outlined in separate
sections within the document. OSPF-TE provides a single unified
mechanism for traffic engineering across packet and non-packet
networks, and may be adapted for a peer networking model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.