Subject: Security Considerations for <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-03.txt>

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:08:39 -0000

Hello,
 
Here is an updated "Security Considerations" section proposed for the
next rev of diff-te-proto. Please let us know if you have
issues/concerns/suggestions on this:
 
"
This document does not introduce additional security threats beyond
those inherent to Diff-Serv and MPLS Traffic Engineering and the same
security mechanisms proposed for these technologies are applicable and
may be used. For example, the approach for defense against theft- and
denial-of-service attacks discussed in [DIFF-ARCH], which consists of
the combination of traffic conditioning at DS boundary nodes along with
security and integrity of the network infrastructure within a Diff-Serv
domain, may be followed when DS-TE is in use. Also, as stated in
[TE-REQ], it is specifically important that manipulation of
administratively configurable parameters (such as those related to DS-TE
LSPs) be executed in a secure manner by authorized entities.
"
 
Thanks
 
Francois