Subject: Notice of WG last call on Diff Serv TE Protocol draft in TEWG

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:52:46 -0400 (EDT)

In May 2001 the TEWG adopted the development of the requirements and 
necessary protocol extensions for Diff-Serv TE.  Upon completion, TEWG 
was to notify the various protocol WGs of the proposal to allow review 
of the proposed protocol changes (if any).  This note serves that purpose.

Please find the pointer for the protocol specification draft below and 
review the proposed changes required in the routing and signaling 
protocols.  

A WG last call on the protocol draft will start by separate email to the 
TEWG.  Be sure to follow-up with any discussion to the te-wg list.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-03.txt

It specifies extensions outlined as follows:
- IGP Reuse of unreserved bandwidth sub-tlv to carry 
	BW available per TE-Class
- IGP Optional use bandwidth constraints sub-tlv
- IGP Optional use local overbooking multiplier sub-tlv
- RSVP Class Type Object for signaling class-types other than 0.
- RSVP Diffserv TE error codes

The protocol supports the use of a variety of different bandwidth 
constraint models.  The following drafts are examples listed here for 
reference only.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-russian-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-diff-te-mam-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-mpls-dste-bcmodel-max-alloc-resv-01.txt

Also for reference, the requirements are developed and with RFC-ED now. 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-reqts-07.txt