Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:52:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Max Allocation with Reservation Bandwidth Constraint 
                          Model for MPLS/DiffServ TE & Performance Comparisons
	Author(s)	: J. Ash
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-6-27
	
This document complements the DiffServ-aware MPLS TE (DSTE) requirements 
document by giving a functional specification for the Maximum Allocation 
with Reservation (MAR) bandwidth constraint model.  Assumptions, 
applicability, and examples of the operation of the MAR bandwidth 
constraint model are presented.  MAR performance is analyzed relative to 
the criteria for selecting a bandwidth constraint model, in order to 
provide guidance to user implementation of the model in their networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:31:20 -0500

All,

The updates to this version:

1. Some changes in notation to align better to DSTE notation: RESERVED_BW, UNRESERVED_BW, MAX_RESERVABLE_BW, bandwidth constraint (BCc), etc.  NORMALIZED(CTc) deleted.

2. Simplified functional specification in Section 4.
  
3. Added Section 5 to explain how BCck are set for MAR (also explain in ANNEX A how BCck set for MAM, and discuss some observations/sensitivities in setting MAM bandwidth constraints).

4. Added new simulation results in ANNEX A, which compare MAR, MAM, and No-DSTE, including:
- simulation for 50% general overload 
- simulations for single link failure and multiple link failure
- simulations adjusting the MAM bandwidth allocations in various ways

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Jerry