Subject: [Mycolleagues] CFP: Journal of Annals of Telecommunications - Special issue on VIRTUALIZATION: TOWARS VIRTUALIZATION AT INTERNET SCALES

From: omar cherkaoui <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:06:25 +0100

Dear colleagues,
please consider the following CfP,
and please apologise multiple postings.
Best regards,
Omar Cherkaoui , UQAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS
Annals of telecommunications
Special issue on VIRTUALIZATION: TOWARS VIRTUALIZATION AT INTERNET  
SCALES

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  The “Annals of Telecommunications“, published by Springer from 2008,  
announce a forthcoming issue on Virtualization: Towards Virtualization  
at Internet Scale.

Virtualization has emerged as an active research area recently. While  
the majority of virtualization research and development is focused  
towards OS and server level virtualization, it has to evolve more  
globally into an Internet scale model where the network or Internet  
will be virtualized in a way that is yet to evolve. The concept of  
virtualization in various forms is prevalent in the networking world,  
such as VLAN, VPN, VPLS  and lately with virtual routers. But  
virtualization may evolve into control, data and so-called knowledge  
plane virtualization and more global wide area virtualization  
involving control, data and knowledge planes and other new concepts of  
virtualization.

This special issue will focus on exiting technology, as well new ones  
that will evolve virtualization technology at the Internet scale.   
Contributions are solicited on all aspects of Virtualization,  
including, but not limited to the following:

	• Virtual Network Infrastructures
	• Wireless virtualization
	• Architecture virtualization
	• Data plane virtualization
	• Control plane virtualization
	• Management plane virtualization
	• Knowledge plane virtualization
	• New Generation virtualized Networks
	• Protocol virtualization
	• Prototype
	• Experiment
	• Testbed

Important dates:

May  1, 2008: Deadline submission of the paper
September 1, 2008: Author notification
October 1, 2008: Final paper due
Expected Publication: Beginning 2009

Guest Editors

Omar Cherkaoui  [email-masked]    UQAM, Canada
Masum Z. Hasan [email-masked] , CISCO, USA
Guy Pujolle   [email-masked] , UPMC -Paris 6, France

Manuscript submission:

Authors must submit their manuscript (single column, double-spaced)  
electronically in PDF format by email to the corresponding guest  
editor before the deadline. Please also include information about the  
manuscript (title, complete list of authors, corresponding author's  
contact, abstract, and keywords) in the body of your submission email  
message. Articles have to be in English, 15-25 pages each and will be  
peer reviewed by at least three experts working in the areas.

_______________________________________________
Mycolleagues mailing list
[email-masked]
http://grid.lrg.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/mycolleagues