Subject: [therightkey] Fwd: RFC 6962 on Certificate Transparency

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 13:03:29 +0100

FYI. Well done all. Be interesting to see how this
works out in the wild.

Cheers,
S.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 6962 on Certificate Transparency
Date: Thu,  6 Jun 2013 13:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6962

        Title:      Certificate Transparency
        Author:     B. Laurie,
                    A. Langley,
                    E. Kasper
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 55048
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6962.txt

This document describes an experimental protocol for publicly logging
the existence of Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates as they
are issued or observed, in a manner that allows anyone to audit
certificate authority (CA) activity and notice the issuance of
suspect certificates as well as to audit the certificate logs
themselves.  The intent is that eventually clients would refuse to
honor certificates that do not appear in a log, effectively forcing
CAs to add all issued certificates to the logs.

Logs are network services that implement the protocol operations for
submissions and queries that are defined in this document.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC