Subject: [TICTOC] BOF request cutoff date - TODAY!

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:17:26 +0200

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:17:22 -0400
From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Reminder - BOF proposal deadline is Monday September 18
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

September 18, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to schedule Working
Group meetings and for preliminary BOF proposals to ADs at 17:00 ET
(21:00 UTC/GMT). To request a Working Group session, use the IETF
Meeting Session Request Tool

September 25, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to schedule BOFs at
17:00 ET (21:00 UTC/GMT).

All deadlines are listed at
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/67-cutoff_dates.html

_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:00:45 +0200

Yes. We still need a draft and we need a BOF statement. I assume we  
could take the Introdcution from the draft I started on and send in,  
but I also suspect that Mark would want something more. Also, we only  
have this week to complete and submit the draft to eventually  
actually get the BOF approved.

- kurtis

---

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:07:27 +0200

Kurt,

We can propose a BOF today, and work on the draft afterwards
(I, for one, never work on drafts unless it is the absolute last day :)
.

Stewart thinks we need some more time,
and should wait until the next meeting for the BOF.
In that case, we could ask for a room and have an informal work meeting.

I am still willing to ask for the BOF and do the work,
but have no problem waiting either.

What do the others (in particular Peter and Dennis who will
have to do the write-up for the wall-clock issue) think ?

Y(J)S

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 13:01
To: Yaakov Stein
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TICTOC] BOF request cutoff date - TODAY!

Yes. We still need a draft and we need a BOF statement. I assume we
could take the Introdcution from the draft I started on and send in, but
I also suspect that Mark would want something more. Also, we only have
this week to complete and submit the draft to eventually actually get
the BOF approved.

- kurtis

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:23:21 +0100

> actually get the BOF approved.

If we are going to go for it we need to move much faster than we have 
todate.

My view is that we need to be in a position to talk to Mark about this 
at the
next IETF - with drafts and BOF statement in hand - with a view to formally
calling a BOF in March.

What do others think? Try for this time, or go for March?

Whatever happens I think that we need need to get together in San Diego.

- Stewart