Subject: [TICTOC] draft-frost-packet-timing-framework-00.txt

From: "Tim Frost" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 04:58:04 -0700

Hi folks,
 
I've just posted the following draft, to try and stimulate work within
TICTOC to create an eco-system in which packet timing can be made to
work over the network.  We already have a plurality of timing protocols
(NTP, PTP etc), but what we don't have is a suitable infrastructure to
enable these to deliver the required degree of performance for many of
the applications being proposed.  The draft attempts to identify the
areas that need further work, to encourage those skilled in those
particular areas to propose potential solutions.
 
I hope we stimulate further discussion on the list and potentially
further drafts before the Vancouver meeting, at which I hope to present
this and hopefully further work in this area.
 
Best regards,
Tim

 
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

        Title          : Framework for the Distribution of Time and
Frequency References across IP and MPLS Networks  
        Author(s)      : T. Frost, et al.
        Filename       : draft-frost-packet-timing-framework-00.txt
        Pages          : 9
        Date           : 2007-9-5
        
This document describes a framework for the transmission of precise 
time and frequency across packet switched networks, in particular IP 
and MPLS. It examines what is needed over and above the protocols 
themselves to allow accurate recovery of time and frequency at remote 
nodes across the packet network. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-frost-packet-timing-framework-
00.txt
_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc