Subject: [TICTOC] TICTOC Interim - propose 9-11 June Paris

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:41:22 +0100

A quick update on the proposed TICTOC  Interim.

Yaakov and I just looked at the responses we got from the TICTOC Interim 
Survey.

Given the number of EU respondents and their location, the most 
appropriate meeting venue seems to be Paris.

We have asked Mark to check the availability of a suitable room in 
Paris. Once we confirm that we have a room we will  confirm the meeting 
location.

All but one person said they could make the week of the 9th June. We 
therefore propose to start the meeting just after lunch on Monday 9th 
and conclude it just after lunch on Wednesday 11th. This arrangement 
seems to fit in well with airline schedules from both EU and USA 
allowing people to arrive and depart on the day of  the meeting.

If the meeting venue supports it, we will provide both dial-in and 
jabber to allow remote participation.

We propose that we start the work on requirements with a hard stop on 
Tuesday night to start architecture on Wednesday morning. If we reach a 
suitable conclusion on requirements earlier than this, we will move 
directly to architecture and use the additional time for that purpose.

Yaakov and I will put together a proposed list of sub-headings for 
requirements early next week which we suggest that we use  as the basis 
to develop  the detailed meeting agenda. We will be asking who will be 
willing to contribute text to each sub heading.

We would like to bash out the detailed agenda on the list over  the next 
two or three weeks.

As soon as we have the room confirmation we will confirm the logistics.

Is there anyone that is planning to attend that has not yet notified us, 
and is there anyone that needs a letter of invitation?

Stewart / Yaakov

_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:04:40 -0400

> Paris. Once we confirm that we have a room we will  confirm the  

Maybe you could also provide showers for those of use who would be  
flying all night Sunday / Monday.

A hotel recommendation would also be useful.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:51:45 +0100

Marshall
> flying all night Sunday / Monday.
If the meeting facility has them, I will let you know.
> A hotel recommendation would also be useful.
When we get a confirmation from the meeting room admins, I will send 
some hotel details to the list.

Stewart

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:52:12 +0200

> flying all night Sunday / Monday.
The Paris cisco office has showers.
> A hotel recommendation would also be useful.
When people come to paris, some folks like a hotel near the venue, 
others in the heart of the city, with a variety of price ranges, and 
people who bring family members and want to make a vacation out of it. I 
can make a few recommendations, but with that level of variation I doubt 
we will have enough folks for any sort of group discount. I believe we 
should at least be able to extend the cisco rate, which might help for a 
few properties.

- Mark

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:18:06 -0400

On Apr 9, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Mark Townsley wrote:

> people who bring family members and want to make a vacation out of  
> it. I can make a few recommendations, but with that level of  
> variation I doubt we will have enough folks for any sort of group  
> discount. I believe we should at least be able to extend the cisco  
> rate, which might help for a few properties.
>

I have lived in Paris, and do have my favorite hotels, but my  
experience is that it can be hard to find rooms near a given location  
(and I am not even sure which arrondissement Cisco is in), so a  
recommendation would be useful and a Cisco rate even better. At least  
this is not an Air Show year.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:54:42 +0200

> this is not an Air Show year.
You must know exactly what I am talking about :-)

Here is a google map to the cisco location, just on the edge of the 
Peripherique

http://tinyurl.com/5ysgew

For those that want access to central Paris (Place St. Michel for 
example) the RER C is nonstop and right next to the office. According to 
ratp.fr, this trip is 19 minutes. This of course depends on when you 
arrive, what time of day, etc. There is also the Bus 39, which takes you 
to some good places in paris, and can be more comfortable and scenic on 
a nice day.

At least one of the hotels on cisco's list is walking distance to the 
cisco office, I'll get these posted as soon as I have confirmations and 
such.

- Mark