Subject: [TICTOC] Digital Terrestrial Television Clock Sync

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:03:13 -0400

I am sitting though a presentation right now on time synchronization  
for Digital Terrestrial TV (DTT).

Here is a white paper from Net Insight that touches on this (see page  
5) :

http://www.netinsight.se/pdf/DTT_Solutionspaper.pdf

They are using SONET for timing (if I caught the talk right) but the  
interesting thing to me is that
they claim that DTT needs timing to about 1 - 1.5 microsec to allow  
multiple use of broadcast frequencies.

This would be an obvious commercial use for tictoc, if tictoc can  
realize the intrinsic timing possibilities in high bandwidth fiber  
links.

Regards
Marshall

_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc